Mikuni's 1980 Vauxhall Chevette Wagon

davidian

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

talked to a guy at corsa motorcycles today, asking about bike carbs etc, he was saying the main reason he thought bike carbs would work is that they flow so much air(12,000 rpm has alot of air), seemed like a reasonable explanation to me.

more spam in brads thread, but thats a silly statement a 40mm bike carb will pretty much flow the same as a 40mm throttle body of a 20v which only revs to 8000ish. its all a cost and convenience thing which way you go

haha awesome. I was having so much fun on those passing lanes. For the first time ever I wasn't sitting in 3rd with the foot flat to the floor doing 60km/h and getting ready for another down shift! :lol: Its so weird. Hope I don't get myself in too much trouble in it.

Driving back with macabre was fun too. We were behaving ourselves ofcourse but did open it up a couple of times. Got a little bit too tail happy around one corner :oops:

I was pretty gutted about the lack of wide steels on my car. Even with the 14's and balloon profile tyres my exhaust was getting mega pwnt though, deffinately couldn't go any lower with exhaust like it is at the moment :cry:

fuck you rule bro. seriously fucking tuff car. like i said over weekend, if you need another set of hands while your doing the money saving thing of working on it yourself, im keen as, hams isnt that far away.

also, cant remember who said it over weekend, but cut up floor to accomidate zaust = ftw, even if your gonna do a sideout behind front wheel, which is also ftw, you might aswel chop a chanel out of the passenger floor to allow clearance

mean, boe, completely random, but if you want me to make up some stz for that gear selector thingy thats swee, twas about 6mm aye? 65mm long and a circlip at each end?

Mean, I'll have a hunt around when I can and get back to you if I can't track anything down. I found abit that looks prefect at my mates place - its for a roller blade. I might just put a sleeve through and some lock-tight and see how that goes. Its soooo slopppy :shock::)

Chur boeses.

Good shit man, btw if you havent noticed, Prozac & I have a wee collection of GM/T's at his place, so if you need some chevette parts we've most likely got something for you... (maybe even a front bumper :P)

Needs more vids of it screaming along..

I couldnt work out or not, you swapped the Diff with the manta one ?, cause for ages you said you would just wait, but then I see you thanking someone about it..

Cheers,Chris

Nah still rocking chevette diff. Mike-e came with me for epic Manta mish and then came and picked up my spare chevette diff for me as well. I'm just going to see how much the little things can take I think. Seems good so far. I didn't want to piss around with the Manta one because they are quite abit wider (even though they bolt straight in) meaning it would have resulted in clearance issues on the 13's.

Cheers for offer, I'll keep it in mind. Same goes for you fellas ofcourse. My cars so little of a Chevette now that I don't really need parts from them anymore. Which reminds me, I might chuck up my list of the makes it is now made up from :lol: