Mikuni's 1980 Vauxhall Chevette Wagon

davidian

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where x = 43 ? :)

Stop spamming cunts! Holdens are poo's. Probably do do good burnouts, but only with Isuzu or Opel engines in them :P

I said do do.

And who cares about exhaust size. It does the trick without hanging down too low. Thats all I wanted.

I can only increase that to 100 when my cars on a trailer attached to the back of a certain crown. Untill then its steadily decreasing as time goes by.

I'm at workshop now. Just having time off while I wait for wiring dude to finish on the 86. Been grinding holes in the back of my head for waterways and managed to grind into stud bolt/oil gallery. That was awesome. Fixed now though and looking pretty.

Half day tomorrow then I'm going to be living here, hassling them untill its done :D

It is indeed. I might do update styles from workshop if I can be bothered, or maybe late tonight when I get home.

Engine is all rebuild, just got to make sure I don't grind too much from head :D

Finishing work now ftw(for the week :P ) Going to do some wiring today, mount the fuel pump and filters, probably quite ruggedly. Maybe stick engine in today but no hurry. Still go a couple days to do the little stuff like that.

Have to cut piece off gearbox output shaft (? is that what its called) because driveshaft universal hits on it, we can weld up the selector linkages and gearbox will be ready to go back in for the final time.

Rear plate for head should be finished by now. Need to drill and tap holes in that for sensors, then dremel a little more from it so flow will be good through to heater etc.

Issues on intake involve injectors/fuel rail mounting and MAP sensor and brake vacuum fitting. We need to add in the latter. Then I need to put the throttles on properly and the intake it done.

Put in radiator and plumb up all the water hoses/fuel lines etc.

Then sort out all the other stuff and put interior back in etc.

Oh still have to weld up rear shock where it broke off. Not gunna put turrets in for trackday. Will take to long. Car will handle like shit if I manage to even get it there, but ohwell..

I reckon you should fully drive down, give the engine a chance to wear in before the track and also learn the car yourself, man it will be awesomely different, not to mention heaps faster.

Take trailer still, someone will need it :lol:

yea I was thinking are you just going to drive it on the base tune? because if the base tune is for the stock manifold it will be way out, normal manifold has a linear fuel curve quads its more curved (bad explanation) just learnt that from the 4age and megasquirt days <= probably the least of your worries though

I'm going to trailer it down. If I do actually manage to get it going in 2 days it won't be perfect and probably won't have an alternator lol I want to at least get it there safely without breaking it.

I've talked to several people about running an engine in, and it seems different to what I and a lot of other people think. You can open the throttle right up and you can rev it to almost red line (often no need to go that high anyway). Obviously blatantly thrashing it isn't good but you can do more damage idling for long periods of time of holding it at a constant engine speed - another reason not to take it on a 2-3 hour trip for its first outing.

Apparently link don't put base maps in anymore! Pretty crazy I know, but theres nothing in mine and neither with a few of the other brand new computers that are there. They only ask what model you have simply to ensure it will work on that model and sometimes change I/O sensors, if required. The don't pre program it like microtech etc do.

yuh

they've got a forum somewhere where you can d/load base maps I'm pretty sure.

running in constant speed ftl too. I'll be getting mine all sweet, findin a reasonable state of tune, and filling the car full of tools/heavy shit nd taking a blat outin the country ftw/nah. load is what you need. see so many cunts rebuild diesel engines only to have hem smoke when cold and shit through not giving them enough of a workout.

yeah you dont want to idle or hold at the same revs for any amount of time. In saying that though, we gave my galant a 30 minute run (changing revs and keeping it under highish load) in then i drove from taumarunui to auckland in 1 big go

talked to a guy at corsa motorcycles today, asking about bike carbs etc, he was saying the main reason he thought bike carbs would work is that they flow so much air(12,000 rpm has alot of air), seemed like a reasonable explanation to me.