For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Yes VG you need doubler plates above a certain size, with radiused corners a certain radius and retained in a certain way.

Best to view http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Seats_&_Seat_Anchorages.pdf

Read it like ten times to be sure then make ur plates oversize so there's definitely no complaining

Here's mine.

20150123_072643.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get universal kits which are just threaded rod with flared nuts (to set appropriate length), so just DIY your own that way (ie get some high tensile rod. I got some to make my own but never ended up doing it as I have ro raise the car anyway lol). Seems easier than spacer tubes and botls etc

Yeh, i'll just order in some bolts, and make spacer tubes. I just need to shorten them, to gain clearance between the sway bar and the gear box.

Yes VG you need doubler plates above a certain size, with radiused corners a certain radius and retained in a certain way.

Best to view http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Seats_&_Seat_Anchorages.pdf

Read it like ten times to be sure then make ur plates oversize so there's definitely no complaining

Here's mine.

Hmmmmmmmmm, the problem I have, is that the hole comes out rite on a rib/swage/on the side of a half round bump in the floor, makes it a bit gammy.

3 of the 4 mounting points bolt up to the factory mounts, so only have to sort out one bolt on each of the front seats, i'll just have to sort out if the floors hollow at that point and go from there. Should be able to make up some sort of mount that works with the wonky floor. Thanks for the link to the rules.

...and,

b ) have some method of preventing acid spills from entering the passenger compartment of the vehicle; and

c ) are sealed and ventilated where charging and subsequent gas emission may occur while the vehicle is operating

Yeah a beer crate isn't specifically designed for a battery.

Assuming the box doesn't need to be sealed and vented externally you could just fit a regular super cheap steel battery tray plus tie down hooks/ strap then place the crate over the box (so its a cover and nothing structural)

Tho could be completely wrong

Edit. Beaten by a better post.

regarding camber laws

With Vechiles like Old VWs that camber out as there lowered

What do you do for cert/How do you get around that?

Adjustable spring plates from a supplier or adjustable front beams purchased from a supplier require crack testing or anything?

And are branded drop spindles sweet?

There are some details on new rules for battery boxes in the latest LVVTA newsletter.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/newsletters_pub/LVVTA_Newsletter_2014_%20August-December.pdf

Basically you need to do a proper job - structural, sealed, vented etc. A plastic battery box is easily got from a boat retailer.

that is going to be a headache. none of those commonly available plastic battery boxes could be considered 'sealed'

looks like they have just copied it direct from the hydraulic suspension part of the HCM, (it mentions pump motors must be isolated from the fuel system)

regarding camber laws

With Vechiles like Old VWs that camber out as there lowered

What do you do for cert/How do you get around that?

Adjustable spring plates from a supplier or adjustable front beams purchased from a supplier require crack testing or anything?

And are branded drop spindles sweet?

VWs are allowed a 1 spline drop from oe, i checked with LVVTA a while back about that

otherwise, everyone is in the same boat- no more than half a degree over oe spec. even if positive camber was the original setting

• Like 1

3 of the 4 mounting points bolt up to the factory mounts, so only have to sort out one bolt on each of the front seats, i'll just have to sort out if the floors hollow at that point and go from there. Should be able to make up some sort of mount that works with the wonky floor. Thanks for the link to the rules.

you can shape the plates to match the floor