For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the plate above the floor on a driveshaft hoop, do the holes have to be centre of the 50mmx50mm(60mm depending who you talk to) square?

In my specific one, I have plate 50x120mm, one hole is centre of the 50x60 at one end, but the centre of the hole at the other end is probably only 20mm in from the edge due to the tunnel being in the way of it going any further in. (And where the holes in the hoops already are)

Is this ok/does it make sense?

I've got a photo on my camera I can chuck on here to help clarify.

I have a question! 

I'm planning on rolling a solid front end under my 1999 chev s-10 blazer 4wd. I will need to weld some new mounts to the chassis for the leaf springs to bolt up to as well as welding new mounts to the diff housing, will this have to be TIG welded?

and whats the limits on the amount of lift I can lift on the suspension? I plan on using 35'' tyres

photobucket-38024-1355603695888.jpg

here is a pic of an s-10 blazer  that has had the SAS treatment 

cheers in advance

I have a question! 

I'm planning on rolling a solid front end under my 1999 chev s-10 blazer 4wd. I will need to weld some new mounts to the chassis for the leaf springs to bolt up to as well as welding new mounts to the diff housing, will this have to be TIG welded?

and whats the limits on the amount of lift I can lift on the suspension? I plan on using 35'' tyres

here is a pic of an s-10 blazer  that has had the SAS treatment 

cheers in advance

can be mig or tig.

max lift is a how long is a piece of string type question and would depend on many things

For the plate above the floor on a driveshaft hoop, do the holes have to be centre of the 50mmx50mm(60mm depending who you talk to) square?

In my specific one, I have plate 50x120mm, one hole is centre of the 50x60 at one end, but the centre of the hole at the other end is probably only 20mm in from the edge due to the tunnel being in the way of it going any further in. (And where the holes in the hoops already are)

Is this ok/does it make sense?

I've got a photo on my camera I can chuck on here to help clarify.

i would say no it doesnt have to be in the middle as long as it has the area requirement covered

Are line lock solenoids legal? I see them being sold on TradeMe as suitable for drag/burnout use AND for hillstart assist.

believe it or not, you can cert a car with a line lock installed. there are conditions, basically must be electrically operated, have a means of disabling it while in use on the road (main power switch) , warning light when the system is on, and be operated by a momentary switch. doesnt need an authority card.

the only brake related thing you need an authority card for is a hydraulic handbrake.

• Like 1

You can get a cert man out for a look over and chat. Different to a cert check. Its like this thread but you pay Clint to come and look.

They charge for their time, then it comes off the cert bill at the end.*

*Well thats how it worked a few years ago.

• Like 1