For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Hey Clint

How low is too low?

My cefiro sits at 295 F and 285 R. On 15x8 rims

Also will those falken 205/50r15s with manufacturers spec to fit on an 8inch wide rim still pass cert..

Oh and also someone cut my bumper iron to fit a Intercooler. Most of it is still there. Only a small strip cut out.

Do i need to replace it?

Chur

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as cerferoes go, the lowest i usually cert them at is 310-320 in the front (depends on rims/tyres) and 300 in the back. other certifiers may have different ideas on that.

they start to handle like poo any lower than that, the rear toe change over a bump gets quite noticeable

if that falken sheet says that size is fine, all is good.

older pre frontal impact requirement cars dont need to worry about cutting up bumper irons

• Like 1

older pre frontal impact requirement cars dont need to worry about cutting up bumper irons

That's terrific news.

Would that also mean that if some tyre kicker deleted the steel part behind the plastic bumper completely, then that would also be legit? Or nah?

Cheers mate.

Ill most likely get you to cert it when the time comes. Im in auckland 5 days a week now so makes sense.

Paul White told me as long as it dont hit the ground when i get a flat tire its all gravy..

MACKAZ is sorting my tyres and alignment. He knows whats what with the tyre spec.

Expensive tyres though.

That's terrific news.

Would that also mean that if some tyre kicker deleted the steel part behind the plastic bumper completely, then that would also be legit? Or nah?

yep no worries, as its really only designed as a bumper holder upper rather than a crash slower downer

• Like 2

Hey Clint, sorry for bugging you again about all my stuff, such a noob.

Anyway, bolt on Wheel spacers.

Mine look like this

IMG_0321_zpsb89d0fc0.jpg

As you can see, they have no locating ring on them for the wheel, but fit the hub very nicely indeed

I was with an undertanding that wheel spacers required a Lip for the wheel to sit on

However, I had this posted in my build thread

Wheel adaptor location 
2.5(5) A wheel adaptor fitted to a low volume vehicle between the hub and 
wheel assembly to affect a change in the wheel stud pattern, must locate 
with a close tolerance fit using the centre spigot or tapered wheel nuts or 
bolts: 
 ( a ) the adaptor against the hub assembly; and 
 ( b ) the wheel assembly against the adaptor. 

Based on that, it would be safe to assume my tomeke 15mm spacers are fine?

All nuts are tapered etc and clear the wheels fine

thanks for any help.
Allan

Heya

The previous owner of the Chevette has moved the battery from the engine bay, to just under the dash, kinda exposed.

It's secured down tight as, but I've heard somewhere that it needs to be in a sealed container?

Es legit, or no?

Heya

The previous owner of the Chevette has moved the battery from the engine bay, to just under the dash, kinda exposed.

It's secured down tight as, but I've heard somewhere that it needs to be in a sealed container?

Es legit, or no?

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/17433-for-questions-regarding-wofscertsnumber-plates/page-95

• Like 1

Based on that, it would be safe to assume my tomeke 15mm spacers are fine?

yep, theres a couple of other things to look at with adapters- narrower ones like 15mm sometimes dont have enough material under the taper of the nut or under the head of the stud. from that point of view yours look ok as the nut sticks out heaps

another thing i find a lot with cheapy chinaspacers is the taper of the nut doesnt match the taper of the adaptor- and the nut thread sometimes isnt machined parallel with the taper so the nut is slightly on the piss, all this leads to the nuts coming loose eventually

So i was working at a workshop this week.

They said something about having to fail a wof check on needing a cert before you could actually get one.

Is there any truth to this.

Oh and how do i book my piece in with you Clint. And where do you do the checks.

With any luck ill be ready in the next couple weeks..