Threeonthetree's MGB Roadster which is about to break in half

Threeonthetree

Whats the deal with those bits of steel and stuff underneath? was someone trying to do a repair in the hope to get a wof?

Someone I know had a MGB roadster witch was pretty rusty but he sold it for $12,000, he still has a lot of bits, there was a removable hard top witch was pretty cool.   

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm involved in this, I'm sorry Neal.

Sorry that you bought this instead of me, because I freeking love it!!!!!!

New Floorpans $140 each, they will take care of a lot of the Filing cabinet, wood screwed, tin plate, street signed bit. Sills $300 a side complete, and its ready to cruise, or at least ready to not snap in half.

Welsh Dad say's good project son :)

• Like 5

Whats the deal with those bits of steel and stuff underneath? was someone trying to do a repair in the hope to get a wof?

Someone I know had a MGB roadster witch was pretty rusty but he sold it for $12,000, he still has a lot of bits, there was a removable hard top witch was pretty cool.   

Keen on the parts he has left, or at least to get in touch with him and find out what he still has.

Let me be the first to say, finish your Holdens

Hahaha, I was waiting for somebody to say that.

The HQ is being painted at the moment and I can only really work on one at a time. I'll sell it as soon as I piece it back together so logically a rusty turd of an english car should take its place.

• Like 1

Love it! I did a refurbishment on a 65 spitfire and used it as a daily driver for 3 years in Hamilton - Roof should only be up in pouring rain (carry a brolly for stopping at the lights) Have fun with the rebuild then drive the wheels off it - that's what they were made for. 

• Like 1

fellow BMC sicko

Steady on Mate, that's a bit harsh!  :wink:

I've been researching replacement parts for the car and they're super easy to come by. Surprisingly inexpensive too!

Once another project in the shed is out of the way I'll make a start on this. On the subject of running gear, even though this car has all of it I am very interested by the thought of repowering it with modern underpinnings. Usually I'd go down the traditional route with standard condition being the end goal but because this car is so far gone and ought to have been crushed or otherwise destroyed at least a few times by now, I feel that the car is pretty much dead anyway and is therefore eligible to be mucked around with. Nothing too serious though, more along the lines of factory appearing exterior-wise but with a modern fuel injected Japanese four cylinder engine and at least 5 gears.

The engine/gearbox combination that has been playing on my mind is the Beams 3SGE and 6 speed. I can purchase the parts very cheaply too.

Any other suggestions? I relly think that it's destined to end up being repowered during my ownership so even if it doesn't happen straight away it will happen.

I kind of want to be able to jump in, turn the key and drive away with performance not possible from the B series motor that's in there now.

Your thoughts callers,