Chch Bbq/working bee. Sun4th Feb.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, MightyJoe said:

No, not even sure why tbh, next time, when it goes for a wof. 

i think there was trepidation over the battery situation, too big and no real clamp means if it slid forward it would arc on the hood. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think once there's a battery, secure that, fresh fuel, check the lights, quick blast up the road to clean off the brakes/ listen and feel for anything weird and send it for a wof. Then if it fails, we'll get into that list, but tbh I can't see it failing on much. 

• Like 1

Im not gonna lie. I had absolutely no idea about your personal situation prior to the day. (I just figured you must not be very good at working on cars) total progress was definately the sum of many parts. But it felt bloody good to help out.  Im fuckng stoked to have been able to help out on this. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, daveyc123 said:

I sure did, and you worked for Mark?

Yeah bro, I didn't realise you were on the forum. Last I knew you had Chris doing some repairs and he told me what had happened, Really sorry to hear  man and fingers crossed you're able to get some sort of mobility back. If I was still crimes I would defo have been there to help out.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MightyJoe said:

I think once there's a battery, secure that, fresh fuel, check the lights, quick blast up the road to clean off the brakes/ listen and feel for anything weird and send it for a wof. Then if it fails, we'll get into that list, but tbh I can't see it failing on much. 

the fuel pump might want a rewire of some sort or just a prime button fitted. its wired to only run when the engine is running which is good but if left to sit the fuel can evaporate in the carby and cause the hard starting. a priming push button would let you blast some fuel into the float bowl before starting. im sure there's a clever automatic solution available too if so inclined. 

• Like 1

Also install the thermostat fan control or similar (is manual at the mo).

Cover for the starter relay terminals, or rubber boots. To avoid shorts when placing the battery holder rods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h4nd said:

Also install the thermostat fan control or similar (is manual at the mo).

Cover for the starter relay terminals, or rubber boots. To avoid shorts when placing the battery holder rods.

I got these off aliexpress for peanuts.

They might be too big? Id happily donate a pair. (Ive secured them with baby cable ties before to hold them in place due to their oversized-ness

Screenshot_20240206-180439_Photo Editor.jpg

• Like 2

On 05/02/2024 at 23:09, yetchh said:

Yeah bro, I didn't realise you were on the forum. Last I knew you had Chris doing some repairs and he told me what had happened, Really sorry to hear  man and fingers crossed you're able to get some sort of mobility back. If I was still crimes I would defo have been there to help out.

Chris is a good man! I'm absolutely over the moon with the work he done.

I really appreciate that

• Like 1