dmulally's pimpin' Imp

fuel

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, cubastreet said:

Did they hacksaw the front off the subie box and tig it onto a bit of plate?

To the left of the plate is hillman and subie to the right.

IMG_20230827_190939_392.thumb.jpg.aaf5def20dd957a1315f3d0f4f1f536d.jpg

Going to be a right pain when it breaks as it will all need to be swapped over rather than punted into the creek like every other rooted imp box. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Came with a pretty sweet split radiator setup in the rear. 

Anybody know if it will be a problem having a filler neck/cap both front and rear? Thinking for the front putting on an 18psi cap and 13psi on the rear with an expansion bottle off that one. 

Are they linked?

105/120Ls had a thin piece of tube that ran from the top of the rad (up front), along the top of the front guard with a small bleed tap up near the base of the windscreen.  It drained into the gutter/channel that the bonnet edge closed into on the guard.

Foolproof for bleeding.

• Like 1

The front one is a modern alloy radiator. I could weld it shut but not sure I want to go down that one way street. The 18psi is to keep it closed off. 

Rear ones look 80's or 90's. 

Front and rear will be on different circuits (front off the heater lines with an EWP in line) and rear two will be split and on the subie water pump circuit. So all with the same water but going down different paths. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

I might have a spare scooby starter you can have. Not sure what those earlier engines have fitted. 

Thanks. I'll send you some pics of what it looks like. It looks pretty cruddy though so I might give it a good clean first and see if that's all it takes. 

Also trying to sort shipping on these:

spacer.png

Seller is making it tricky to know a price however. Look at the questions:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/listing/4289059341

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1