dmulally's pimpin' Imp

fuel

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then it's settled. Yellow it is with a black roof and maybe bonnet. See how I feel on that one. 

Ill pop down to the paint shop next week and get some primer and 2k pastel yellow. 

I might just do the inside black with a paintbrush because I cbf'd. 

• Like 4

Hmmm so I went to my kinda local paint shop. 

I think I was spoiled by my old one. I had a choice of about three yellows and the closest to pastel was cream. 

So I asked for a litre of it in 2k and after much sighing and eye rolling because I didn't have a paint code (I pointed to one in a chart they gave me) they said it would be a week. 

I might ring up and cancel it on Monday and go down to the Hutt/Petone. I'm used to having a choice of hundreds of colours and them mixing it whilst I pop out for a bite to eat. 

Am I being a dick? Was I just spoiled at my last paint shop (which was Resene in Levin)?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, dmulally said:

I'm used to having a choice of hundreds of colours and them mixing it whilst I pop out for a bite to eat. 

Am I being a dick? Was I just spoiled at my last paint shop

Nah. That's what I'd expect and get from the paint shops in Nelson/tasman. Go somewhere else but let them know why so they might learn from it and sort their shit out. 

• Like 3

So I rang this place  and they seemed really helpful and super friendly. I'll pop down there during the week to get some supplies.

I'm going to brush paint the interior black but need to get my hands on some nicer seats however. Or at least get them re-trimmed. Super comfy but they look shit. 

spacer.png

Normally I spray inside the shed but as I'm waiting for my stupid big shed to be finished (or even started really) it would be an overspray dust nightmare. So am going to paint it on my ramp purely because I won't kick up dust on the grass. This ramp was pretty cool. It was a dirt ramp I used to get my dozer on and off a canter. When the house was being done the concrete truck got stuck in the mud. So I pulled him out and as thanks he said would I like what was left in the truck. So in the pouring rain I learned how to pour concrete with a 4x2 length of wood as a leveller. I put down a bit of fencing mesh inside it during the pour to be extra professional. 

spacer.png

And a year later:

spacer.png

One day I'll clean up the sides but I wouldn't bet on it. 

• Like 7

The AJ6 is a wonderful engine. If they were easily adapted to a manual gearbox I'd love on. So much power on tap. The XK engine is lovely is you're a billionaire who doesn't mind oil leaks. 

Speaking of XJ6 oily lumps...

Old mate up the road pops over every now and again to have a chat whilst I'm tinkering on the dozer or something. Really nice guy. He said he has a tractor at home that his dad bought new and I can have for free. So I bobble up in the imp and have a look. It's a David Brown petrol and upon pulling out the dipstick a jet of water came out. So I politely declined that one. 

spacer.png

But he mentioned an old car of his he hasn't started in years that nobody but an idiot would want. Jokes on him isn't it?

spacer.png

Automatic sadly but has been converted to the afore mentioned XK engine which is pretty cool.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cubastreet said:

My mate's mum had one of them and I loved it. Wouldn't even be bothered by the slushbox. I'm an idiot.

Total bodyshop are all all good. Was the first place you tried that shop on queen St Masterton?

Yep that's the one. I won't be going back there again.

I was blown away by how great Total Bodyshop were. Worth the cost of petrol and Petone traffic shithousery. 

If I can get this POS running I'll cruise to your place in it. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dmulally said:

The AJ6 is a wonderful engine. If they were easily adapted to a manual gearbox I'd love on. So much power on tap. The XK engine is lovely is you're a billionaire who doesn't mind oil leaks. 

Speaking of XJ6 oily lumps...

Old mate up the road pops over every now and again to have a chat whilst I'm tinkering on the dozer or something. Really nice guy. He said he has a tractor at home that his dad bought new and I can have for free. So I bobble up in the imp and have a look. It's a David Brown petrol and upon pulling out the dipstick a jet of water came out. So I politely declined that one. 

spacer.png

But he mentioned an old car of his he hasn't started in years that nobody but an idiot would want. Jokes on him isn't it?

spacer.png

Automatic sadly but has been converted to the afore mentioned XK engine which is pretty cool.

New thread for this one please. 

Separate to the xjld28ts thread thanks. 

• Haha 1