Jump to content

Recommended Posts

That'll be the carpets, the padded door mappings, and that cast iron twin carb manifold.

Fyi, Lynx Australia still list an alloy twin carb manifold for the E-series engine.

https://www.lynxauto.com.au/nomad-1500-1750-ohc-2-x-su-1-3-4.html

Their single and twin Weber sidedraught manifolds are listed but out of stock. ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/02/2021 at 19:55, kws said:

If all goes to plan, it'll get a slight low on some deep turbos. 

I got a bit excited when you said Turbos as I have a set but just checked and yours is 4 stud.. I have a set of 13” 5 stud from a Torana, bugger...

Link to post
Share on other sites

@locost_bryan What oil filter do you have for your engine? Ryco says for the 1750 its a Z23 but the filter on there is short and fat (and old enough I cant see any markings on it). Looks much more like the Z83B thats listed for the "1.7".

I sat in the car and made brum brum noises today. The internet is right, the LH side of the streering wheel is closer to the driver than the RH side lol. I dont remember the MK2 having that feature.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the oil filter on the sump or the block?  Up to mid/late 1973, the oil filter was a Z83B located on the sump, then they changed it to a Z23 located on the block to be consistent with the Six.

I got caught out by that, as my Coupe came with a later single carb engine installed, with a different filter to the original twin carb engine (that also came with it).  Pay to check if someone's done that engine swap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, locost_bryan said:

Is the oil filter on the sump or the block?  Up to mid/late 1973, the oil filter was a Z83B located on the sump, then they changed it to a Z23 located on the block to be consistent with the Six.

I got caught out by that, as my Coupe came with a later single carb engine installed, with a different filter to the original twin carb engine (that also came with it).  Pay to check if someone's done that engine swap.

Ah gotcha. Its located way down the bottom, likely on the sump. Guess its a Z83B then. Didn't think a Z23 would fit, would stick way out into the chassis rail. Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also  i feel you've made an incredibly poor choice in which car to buy. But I do thoroughly enjoy your build threads. (I guess it's more about the journey than the destination)  

I'll be snacking popcorn quietly somewhere at the back.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the appeal to go with a period correct engine and twin carbs.

But personally a hotted up (high comp etc) frakenbuild of an original motor setup with an EFI conversion and DBW ITBs would be pretty cool ;) especially on E85 (maybe a supercharger long term?)

Don't know much about the engines that go in these but fully support the goal to relive your younger years :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, shrike said:

I get the appeal to go with a period correct engine and twin carbs.

But personally a hotted up (high comp etc) frakenbuild of an original motor setup with an EFI conversion and DBW ITBs would be pretty cool ;) especially on E85 (maybe a supercharger long term?)

Don't know much about the engines that go in these but fully support the goal to relive your younger years :)

I'd quite like to see an EFI conversion too, but we'll see what happens. Im after the TC for a few more bits than just the engine and carbs (mainly interior parts).

Oil filter ordered, hopefully have it running by next week.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shrike said:

I get the appeal to go with a period correct engine and twin carbs.

But personally a hotted up (high comp etc) frakenbuild of an original motor setup with an EFI conversion and DBW ITBs would be pretty cool ;) especially on E85 (maybe a supercharger long term?)

Don't know much about the engines that go in these but fully support the goal to relive your younger years :)

Sadly E85 isn't really an option in NZ anymore.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ~Slideways~ said:

Sadly E85 isn't really an option in NZ anymore.

Distillation is legal, could always make your own ;) sad to hear however. Still readily available over here, well in Victoria anyway, long term ill be doing a flex fuel setup with the fake evo

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kws said:

I'd quite like to see an EFI conversion too, but we'll see what happens. Im after the TC for a few more bits than just the engine and carbs (mainly interior parts).

Oil filter ordered, hopefully have it running by next week.

Clearly the answer is K-jet conversion........

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kws said:

I'd quite like to see an EFI conversion too, but we'll see what happens. Im after the TC for a few more bits than just the engine and carbs (mainly interior parts).

Oil filter ordered, hopefully have it running by next week.

Rover did an injected version in the '80s (although the S-series had the ports on the right as it was installed the opposite way round to the Maxi)

https://www.aronline.co.uk/cars/rover/rover-213-216/vitesse-story/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...