Flash's 1965 Ford Thames

Flash

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

To me it seems strange that it would be a single flare needed for brakes. From what I have read and been told you need a double flare or a bubble flare depending on which one is needed. Single flares are not recommended as they can crack and fail.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the new wheels, and can relate to the problem of getting the wheel of choice. I ended up with the superlite version of the minilite wheel which is a nice wheel but a bit bellybutton and I really wanted a different wheel which could take, who knows how long to get. I wanted them with a polished rim and black spokes but could only get them in all polished. 

I have decided to buy some shadow chrome paints and do the spokes at some point. 

Thanks for the feedback regarding the wheels @Tiger Tamer. Superlights are a really good choice too. I've been toying with putting a set on Mrs Flash's Mini Moke for a while now.

I hadn't thought of using shadow chrome, so thanks for the tip.

You haven't perhaps got a build thread on your Tiger have you? I've always had a soft spot for them and would love to read up about yours. I came close to owning one about 20 years ago, but it was in the centre of a rather messy divorce and I ended up backing out. At the time Norm Miller in the USA was the custodian of the Tiger Register and I swapped a few emails with him checking on the pedigree of the one I was interested in.

http://www.sunbeamtiger.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=649

Quite a few photo's seem to have been deleted probably because of photobucket deciding their free hosting was no longer free. It was about the same time I joined this forum but i had joined the British Sunbeam owners club as well so I ended up using their forum.

Since the last post I retired the hemi joints from tie rod duty and used Alpine tie rod ends and fuel infected it with a quick fuel system and had it certified. 

Norm Miller is a bit of a God in the Tiger world and has done a lot of research into the cars so you were talking to one of the right people.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...