Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worse case @Archetype should just drive the doozi single seater...

Vespa has been going well. Hope to get some open road riding on it this weekend and clock up some kms see how it's all going. 

Wheel stands are on point. And need to see how I'm going to do this luggage thing. 

@HighLUX ill be joining you on that ride for sure. 

• Like 1

Okay acquired some wheels. Want 72 spoke chromies but couldn’t find any. Always wanted a set of these rims so got a complete set with sprockets, bushes, bearings and all. $198 later; stoked as. Would have been a lot more to get them all sourced and sent to NZ. 

Will actually make a bike for Eastcape now. May or may not use Vaseline. 

D0AD1BEB-C267-48B7-A172-6A7F186972A9.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chris.QCR said:

Damn dude those wheels are sweet ! 17s ? Bolt onto a C50 ? Damn id be so keen to get a set for a bike. Good scores dude

Yeah man; took a bit of effort to actually get them to understand what I wanted. If I asked for cub stuff they got confused and said nope; can’t help. So I told them I have the first edition Honda EX5; which basically has the same set up as the cubs. Eventually after double checking with me if I really wanted each little item they understood I wanted a complete set; one of the guys from the next shop over came and had a sharn and helped them understand what I meant. 

The street I got them from had about 6 shops beside each other. 

They’re 1.40 and 1.60 x 17”.

Pretty damn stoked! Had priced up getting a set shipped home a few months back but it was gonna be more than twice the price. 

• Like 3

Got a solid 110 kms to my tank of gas yesterday. Will not be carrying a Jerry can for back up of gas this year. A powerade bottle will be enough. 

Testing went well for 200kms. Gravel roads and nice open road country side. 

Can not wait. 

20180804_172440.thumb.jpg.9d5f2015463e17c4f435f69a96e4362f.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MopedNZ said:

Official gotta get my shit together moment happened today. 

Chosen colour in my head, gonna blast the frame this week coming. Might have to pillage the 125 from my Chaly for the cape weekend. Planning on a larger power plant in the long run though. 

Very excited about the bigger fuel tank than the Chaly had. 

Needed to get some inspiration in my head so threw a rim in there today for looks. Heres the only teaser till it’s done:

C5A85EF8-B564-4A74-9199-B69FFC283732.jpeg

Looks great Callum ! Fizzin to see this build for sure

• Thanks 1