2 Trailer Loads of Death... Mostly Gyro X build thread

Raizer

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so this is disgusting, but interesting point in the ad about the rego - could mean you can just up the displacement and run on a car rego rather than the 50cc moped limit? but...does that means warrants? dunno.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/scooters/auction-1414791690.htm

also, rim-wise - could you lathe/make up adapters to suit say, a kart rim? more tyre choice/slam/slicks?? like bolt through one side to the existing PCD and the other side to the kart rim PCD?

54 minutes ago, MKD said:

so this is disgusting, but interesting point in the ad about the rego - could mean you can just up the displacement and run on a car rego rather than the 50cc moped limit? but...does that means warrants? dunno.

You can do whatever you want until the cops stop you.

• Like 2

I'm more than happy just to keep it registered as a 49cc scooter, no WOF or cert to worry about, I'm more than happy to wear a helmet etc too.

My cases have 49cc cast right on the side of them too...

Kart wheels could be interesting for grass drifting haha!

Dropped the bars, front and rear racks and headlight loop in to be powder coated satin black today, some AliExpress indicators arrived yesterday, ordered black but received chrome, quick paint will sort that and the seller gave a full refund too.

Got an email earlier that some bits arrived in the country from Japan  this arvo and will be here in the morning, hopefully the levers from Aliexpress don't take tooo long!

Need to strip the anodizing off the front wheel/forks and attempt to give them a polish, need a new front tyre too.

https://i.imgur.com/AkaOAh1.jpg

• Like 4

Parcel from Japan arrived this morning

Oc3xkAp.jpg

Million times better than the floor mount I was dealing with.

Fucked up my list and ordered a new battery hold down piece rather than the battery seat I need.

Just waiting on my levers to arrive and I think I'll be about ready to get it back together!

mNgebpy.jpg

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, kicker said:

Wow, so many shiny bits! It's gonna look sweet when all together
Do you get your Honda parts through Yahoo?

WeBike is the go for genuine, way better pricing than anyone on Yahoo/Amazon/Honda NZ.

Just need to already have the part numbers.

Need to find a nice little speedo and couple other bits, also maybe one more WeBike order for some little bits and pieces.

• Like 1

There's one of these gyro whatchamacallits at in the driveway at Nicks Scrap Metal yard in masterton here, seen when driving past yesterday, looks pretty complete, Google the number and someone grab it, there's also some random old-school cars out the back, Citroen, victors, various bits and Bob's, was an auto AW11 too.....

13 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

I don't get it, whats different?

Look at the distance between the mirror mount and the adjuster on the lever.

/Shit pic I know, but there's a decent difference in both length and the reach distance.