UJ builds a cabin in them thar hills

Unclejake

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The generator weighs 32kgs and it hurts a great deal.

Last weekend I strapped it to my backpack in the dark (on the stairs), slipped the backpack shoulder straps on, and then spent 15 mins trying to stand up. It sucked. In the end I crawled to a tree and used that to get myself vertical.

/ I'll do it again when I get some lights. 

//Once the basement is finished I'll be able to leave some tools there

• Like 2

It's a better idea than doing everything by hand! The main use has been for the rockbreaker, but soon I'll need my dropsaw up there too.

Carrying the rain water tanks is going to be a bit of humour (when I get that far)

Our pioneering forefathers were tough bastards. I'm a sook

• Like 6

Nothing says manly like a massive old M tooth crosscut saw. If I ever won powerball I'd be 100% up for buying a bushblock and trying to build my own place like that.

I'd die in the process of course, but it would be a great story for my kids to tell their kids

• Like 2

WRT a secluded bush hut... don't forget that I am old. I've wanted one since I was a kid... but only now do I have the tools, money, and (arguably) skills to make it a reality. My biggest frustration is my lack of time. I wish I had more, but I don't.

It was never a dream to have such a hut, but still I'm fizzing at the bunghole about it. ☺

• Like 2

replace that rock breaker with a couple of irish immigrants, a sledge hammer and a chisel. would still need to lug up a sack of potatos but.

You could move in already, just string that tarp over the floor :thumbleft:

pics of view from your future porch?

• Like 2