el-cheapo spray gun advice

anglia4

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wholesale and retail devilbiss spray paint gun Professional factory manufacturing Perfect atomization

Wholesale and retail devilbiss spray paint gun Professional factory manufacturing Perfect atomization

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wholesale-devilbiss-GFG-paint-spray-gun-LVMP-technology-spray-gun-929-automatic-paint-spray-gun-1/32329873869.html

(from AliExpress Android)

• Like 1

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wholesale-devilbiss-GFG-paint-spray-gun-LVMP-technology-spray-gun-929-automatic-paint-spray-gun-1/32329873869.html

(from AliExpress Android)

Being from Ali its going to be a chinese copy, but how bad could it be? Compared to chinese stuff bought locally?

Same here, quite handy as im just getting into spray painting my car now myself

Hope the compressor I bought will do enough of a job, 2.5hp 50l  

Will be for primer, underbody sealant, painting engine bay boot and everything thats not the main outer panels (will get a mate to do in a booth)

Been looking at Guns too, aleready have a suction one from Supercheap for primer, would def not use for a top coat tho 

May look at those gravity feed Blackridge ones, has OP managed to use it yet?

224373-zoom.jpg

I hope you bought that compressor while on special and not at RRP haha. I have been considering it too as my last one was just too big for my small shed

That compressor will be fine as long as you take your time and let it keep on top of the pressure. Also make sure you buy a good water trap.

I never pay full price on anything if I can help it - on special $50% off - $480 or something  - seemed like a sweet deal anyway

bought water trap purchased as well, have done a reasonably big job so far with it and seemed to do the trick.

Next is a better gun for top coating, this thread had been helpful 

I bought a devilbiss 2 gun set off eBay for under 300 bucks landed. Is night and day better than any other guns I've used, plus came with 3 tips so covers the bases for primer/base/clear

I got the same one, I'll just say that the quality of the guns isn't the issue with my paint finish.

• 3 weeks later...
They've got these on the tard for 260.. are they good guns?

XMAS CLEARANCE SALE FOR LIMITED TIME!

IWATA spray gun W-71 -21G 3 x sprayers in one.

EXTRA 1.0mm and 1.8mm tips/caps so you don't have to buy 3 separate sprayers.

1.0 suitable for clear coats, 1.3 suitable for colour/base coats , 1.8 suitable for primers and spray fillers.

• 3 weeks later...

^^ I'm interested to know as well, as I'm deciding between that one & this one at a similar price landed here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Devilbiss-StartingLine-Spray-Gun-Kit-/190917195367

I know mjrstar picked up this DeVilbiss kit - feedback?

This is the kit I bought too. Sprayed my engine bay so far and came out fantastic in 2k. For the price you can't go wrong as others have said it's more crap painting technique that most will have than problems with the gun as long as it's set up correctly. Good water trap and the right air pressure and you should be sweet

• Like 1