Auckland - Old cars needed for film work

So Zebra Dude and I have been getting chummy with some film crews and now they let us know about upcoming films, TV shows and the likes that are being shot in the wider Auckland region.

I have just used my Triumph (before I pulled the interior out) for filming for an upcoming TV series. I told them I would drive the car myself which they were happy to do so now I'm on the show. Makes it easier to take your vehicle along when you know you can keep an eye on it and you don't leave it to some others to drive. There are still plenty more slots available for cars and motorbikes as filming continues so if you have something that is roughly pre- 1982 and would like to earn some extra cash then please post it up here or get in touch. Or if you have suggestions, post them up too.

Today we have been informed that there will be a film/TV series (one of the two) about the Rainbow Warrior bombing of 1985. So the team are looking for pre- 85 (or at least look like they're pre-85 eg Lada 2106 sedan from 89 etc etc) vehicles to be used. In particular they are after the following vehicles:

- French ministerial type vehicle (Citroen CX or similar would be ideal but anything Peugeot, Renault, Talbot ect would probably do)

- Vans. Bedfords, Transits, Liteaces, Hiaces, L300s, HiJets and Carrys, Holden and ford Panelvans etc

- 10 seater van/minibus. 

- Landcruisers BJ FJ HJ series

- Early Commodores up to VK

- Falcons up to XF

- Any other cars and potentially motorcycles that are pre 1985.

So if you want to have your car immortalised on screen then here's one of many chances.

• Like 7

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on how much your car is used really.

We're starting a film rental Buisness, so hopefully this is the tip of the iceberg, the cars will have to be ready in three weeks for the first set of shots.

How far away is you XB sir? is it running and driving?

Could be onto a winner there Zebra.

I got put onto a fella named Matt to do some sound recording for the NZ remake of "Under the Mountain" Spent a few hours just driving the car in different ways, opening doors, putting on seatbelt noises etc. Used my B310 sunny even though a B210 was used in the movie. The sound of the car was my old car;

record1.JPG

I got between $200 - $400 from memory.. :)

• Like 2

The XB is more than three weeks I'd say unless I did a rush job on the last couple of things. 

I've looked into the filming stuff in the past but couldn't be arsed with the faffing around vs pay for small stuff. That said my mate's XA wagon was the main vehicle in that 'Greek Gods living as Kiwis' TV show that I can't recall the name of show, he got a really good package.

I also heard a great yarn over a beer one night about Universal Drive (http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/about-face-universal-drive-1985) and how they'd pay to use the Fairlane and return it full of gas every night, which the owner would syphon off and return to them in the morning for the next days filming.

• Like 1

Actually maybe your van sir, can you take some photo's of it and the VK, the VK would have to be pretty new looking tho!

Can definitely rent the van, but may have to reverse the low a bit!!!

I love your 310 Flauski, I'd love to include it in the rental book!

Hey Bronze, your right there's not a heap of money in it as of yet, but the better supplied we are, and the better service we can offer , the better the wages are, and we can probably take all the faffing out of it.

Basicly we want to get photo's of everyones cars, get contact numbers and rent things as one whole group, we'll get better money for it, we'll be the organisers of it, and we should be able to offer a good well run service that puts money in your pockets for a bit of work, I earned $100 the other night for 5 hours of sitting about, and that sounds good to me :)

• Like 2

No they are all separately insured by the film company for an agreed value when they are on set, so no worries :)

I've never heard of anyone using a car for film work requiring a cof, because the cars are being used for film work, on what is considered a closed road (providing they have a permit) , they don't really need wof or reg either, although its nice to have some.

• Like 2

Absolutely sir

PM me some pics and your phone number and I'll put you on the books, I'll try to get work around your area for you :)

There is some work in Aucks coming up, but I'll see if its worth your while first.

Cheers