Zebra Dudes 1972 Triumph Super Legerra Prototype

The Dude

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the story is, a couple of rich guys decide they want to build kit cars here in NZ, they get an English firm to design it up and make two prototypes, Lotus is involved at some time and they aquire an E-type Jag to scale it down to GT6 size.

Obviously this didn't go quite to plan, for instance where were they going to get the GT6 base cars over here? Both the Prototype survive, this is one and the other lives in a museum in Australia somewhere.

No other pics at all, no evidence of any sort that the other exists anywhere now, the old dude lost track of it in the 80's

I bought it due to its E-type shrunk in the wash styling :)

1st rule of Project club, no-one talks about how many projects we own!

• Like 5

It has a Lotus Chassis, err maybe? definitely a backbone one anyhow.

there's a few breeds of car in it but Triumph is definitely the predominant one.

I guess I'll go a bit more exciting in the engine department as I left the  and box behind.

GT6/Spitfire had a backbone chassis also, right?

What an unusual looking thing - there is a recently published book about Kiwi built cars that may be of help to you.

Tail lights are Triumph 2000/2500 Mk2.

• Like 1

awesome, yes it is very spitfire / gt6 / wants to be E-type jaggy isnt it. ha richie is right taillights are trump saloon, albeit they are upside down for some reason!

So cool, it looks like it somehow needs a big jag v12 somehow shoehorned into it!

• Like 1

Yep it certainly did, this one doesn't have a gt6 chassis, it has the rear suspension, but the front looks pretty different to me , and it has a huge mongeous middle section a bit reminiscent of an Elan. Honestly I need to get this thing in the air!

I recognised the lights, I think they fully ruin the back of it, I'm thinking I might go something a little more classic? Any Suggestions?

• Like 1