Hannah's Triumph 'goon of Leaking British Wonderment

kyteler

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would a 3.0L diesel Hiace Van engine fit? (cheaper that 1KZ Turbo but could bolt on a turbo manifold for more oomph) they arnt exactly smooth but with a decent driveline behind it (not a Hiace one thats doing 3200rpm @100kp/h) it could go alright and would be great for towing

I think it would be too agricultural. Looking for something a bit more refined and has to be 6 cylinder. There must be other diesel engines out there. Will keep researching and there's definitely no hurry :-)

• Like 1

Yea they are rattly horrible things, but would tow your new boat great! And with a turbo haul along really well, in the work van you only really need to use 3rd-5th gear as it has enough torque to not really require the first couple. But yes wouldnt be my first choice for a triumph

Wow- we just looked them up. 4.2 litres and 260lbft of torquies at only 1400 rpm. That would not only tow a boat but probably another ten all at once? While ripping my poor triumph in two...

Needs to be cheap btw- like a cheap smashed car we can get everything from in one go. Like 1 grand cheap....

So that knocks many engine ideas on the head...

...only some kind of non-petrolhead classic car tragic would rebuild the original motor at all costs / rule out alternatives / fail to take the opportunity to add more horsepowers.

Ah jesus. I just did that to my Dai. Spent twice as much on the engine as on the car, and have 0.0 extra hp. Is that how that looks from outside my head...

• Like 3

Same deal as hopping up a flathead - least gain per dollar spent possible

could put in literally any other engine and have a much better starting point whith far better gains from the same work

but having something neat is half the fun

are these triumph wags super floppy in the rear body? I imagine its not ideal for towing? or is there a chassis?