Hannah's Triumph 'goon of Leaking British Wonderment

kyteler

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/46536-hannahs-1968-triumph-mk1-wagon-estate-restoration/

Fuck yeah, I'm lichen that.

Don't let that scurvy Alex chap start hogging all the limelight!

Keen to see how you get on with this, no doubt you'll quickly surpass all of my automotive skills in this one build. Sweet that you've got that shed to have it sitting in now too.

Are you thinking low on steels or low on slots? Or jacked on modgies?

• Like 3

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aww so pine, there must be less than half a dozen mk1 wags left on the road, thats rare as rocking horse shit. Even mk2 wags are thin on the ground. I have an array of spare bits if you need stuff but you do live in NZ triumph heaven.

Good good for nats, im going to tee up a visit of Des Faraleys graveyard of like 200 triumphs in Tauranga, appraently the old codger gives you a guided tour, im guessing youd be keen for this?

PS giz me spare gearbox, my od solenoid isnt returning.

• Like 1

This car will be so so rad.

And holy hell it looks right at home in your monster shed.

I'm keen for a nosy at Des' place too, I bought a few odds and ends off the old joker when I was still pissing around with Trumps.

Maybe I should buy another Trump.

• Like 3

Are you thinking low on steels or low on slots? Or jacked on modgies?

At this stage tyres that stay inflated would be a bonus.  Low on steels but maybe not as I don't want it to be a Viva copy!

aww so pine, there must be less than half a dozen mk1 wags left on the road, thats rare as rocking horse shit. Even mk2 wags are thin on the ground. I have an array of spare bits if you need stuff but you do live in NZ triumph heaven.

Good good for nats, im going to tee up a visit of Des Faraleys graveyard of like 200 triumphs in Tauranga, appraently the old codger gives you a guided tour, im guessing youd be keen for this?

PS giz me spare gearbox, my od solenoid isnt returning.

Very keen to visit Triumph nirvana in Tauranga.  Might have to keep the spare gearbox until I assess the one in the car.  I think the previous owner might have bought the spare because there was a problem with the one installed.  He bought all the other spares so he could restore the car one day.  Alex thinks it's a "D" type gearbox.  I need to read up on these.

I think she might be keen on some of these...

teddysilver.jpg

Which will go well with the 'my little pony' car seat covers I shall gift her.

Edit; actually if she does a good job at the restoration I shall have to get her some of these..

images.jpg

I know a certain fella in hamilton who would love those in his FD...

• Like 3

there is a crazy triumph guy up on the main road from my place. hes had 2000's and 2500's rusting in his front yard and on the street for so long that i remember them being there from when i was a kid.

there are no wagons there at the moment but one could turn up at any point.

anywho, dont be a big meanie Alex and help Hannah put the 1JZ in it at least.

• Like 3

I was thinking RBs but then that crazy pie eater would disown me and never again join in for 8pm cups of tea with me before he heads to bed. So maybe it has to be Toymota engines.. but all this is for young Hannah to decide (and she has a hankering for a BMW straight six)