Hannah's Triumph 'goon of Leaking British Wonderment

kyteler

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the Trump carcass fit on an E39 touring or sedan platform? Get rid of everything/most things that are terrible about the British car by replacing it with something precise and German, then pretend it's still British.

These bad boys arent cab/chassis so that would be a bitch / pointless / just buy a beemer. If wanting modern then year hells go for the beemer 6, its been done heaps in the uk and you can find out exactly what you needa do through the interwebs. im bias but if it was me i would get a 2.5PI engine and drop it in easy peesy, throw some HS6 carbs on it and do skids. The trump six is a seriously underrated engine, with a few tickles it can actually go really well, is super cheap on gas for a 2.5 six and sounds fucking horny.

• Like 2

Have you seen the caliber and the capabilities to teach of Alex? You can join two monocoque chassis, it can and has been done before. There was a Morris Minor S13/4 amongst others. If dimensionally they're close then anything is possible, just use your imagination!

Farenuff, if the little black overdrive solenoid (about size of 2 d type batteries end to end) is on the passenger side of the box it's a J-type box, if it's on the drivers side it's an A-type box, I'm 90% sure it will be a j type

Just had a look and it seems to be an A-type. 

Bmw engine into mk1 trump has been done nicely already and went in quite well. See here...

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/118875/1969-triumph-2000-mk1

It ended up being lighter than the trump engine and he had to lower the front. triumph 6 pots are bloody heavy!

biggest problem with a BMW engine I reckon is cost. From the bit of searching I've done over a while anything bimmer straight six with a 5 speed box attached is expensive. Unless hannah can find a wrecked car going cheap or lure bairdy into her lair and nick his engine while he's pretending to be a dinosaur I think a kappa engine is the way to go.

I think just getting it on the road with a trump 2.5 and OD box will be much easier for the re-vin process. Then go hard on a engine swap after the nats. But yeah.. I think it definitely will need something modern especially after all the fun of playing with more modern engines in Viva.

Hannah's car though so her choices. I get to play around with that even rustler Viva wagon in the future :-)

Great car, I look forward to a closer inspection next time I visit paradise.

Just throwing this out there....

something different, its Toyota and its a 6 cylinder... ...(dramatic pause)... ... doubled!

1GZ-FE

Official output as per Japanese Manufacturers' Agreement is 206 kW (276 hp) at 5200 rpm although true power output is estimated to be around 230 kW (310 hp). Peak torque of 481 N·m (355 lbf·ft) is at 4000 rpm with over 400 N·m (300 lbf·ft) available from as little as 1200 rpm.

2106_4lo_zps9obk4bhd.jpeg

• Like 2

Might not fit between the towers too easily...

Im dont know how much room there is but the 1GZ is a very compact engine, it's significantly narrower than a 1UZ. 

Rough dimensions are 800mm from bellhousing to water neck(750mm to the front pulley), 700mm from sump to manifold top, 600mm from head to head.

• Like 1

Never heard of a 1gzfe. Sounds/looks expensive? Looks cool though.

Micheal- we had a lush as BMW e34 525tds wagon in blighty just before coming back nz. Paid only $2k for it. It's was sooooooo smooooth. Managed to get almost 200kph from it on autobahn and when cruising at 130 kph it was still doing 40 plus mpg. Amazing. But never seen them for sale here in nz so guessing we never got them? Would be a great engine but very heavy.

BMW engines are plentiful, plenty of wreck worthy e36/e39's out there. biggest hurdle would be a manual box, they can be found for most of the straight sixes, but can cost nearly as much as the motor. e39 2.8 manual was in turners damaged auctions a while ago, would have been perfect!

• Like 1