Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

So is this a thing, or have I eaten too many blue mushrooms/brown acid?

It seems to me that low compression engines seem to go harder on stale gas. The old 3.5hp side valve kwaka on my kart seemed to go better on shitty gas. And sometimes it seems like my 50 does too. Perhaps the heavy end which us less volatile makes more BTU's

Or am I mistaken?

• Like 1

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing round with an old Norton sidevalve single and it had 2 plug holes, one above the piston and one above the exhaust, the one above the piston has a threaded plug for finding tdc and if you put the sparkplug there it runs like shit

• Like 2

Ida are expensive, empi do a copy green brothers in Tauranga sell me.

Q, 13b headers glowing cherry red after idling at 2000rpm for under 5 mins seems at bit much? Must get temp gauge. Fuel pressure seems high spitting out main jet at idle - could be related. Think I want a more old man spec pump anyway carter way too loud.

Car not mobile so no seat of pants power data available, timing light next pay day. Dizzy rotor lines up at tdc mid range on base adjustment though, was running 3/4 to max advance when it was heating up. Hard to start with less timing and barely runs. Maybe vac leak causing lean

allllllll righty then

Carby Electric fuel pumps.

I need to replace my suspected leaking mechanical pump on my crown, looking for some experience here with flow rates and PSI's

Factory mechanical pumps 4.2 to 5.4psi

Can either get a 1-4 psi pump at 90L per hour,

or 3-7 psi at 120L per hour.

Its going on a 2.8liter Toyota 5m (6 cylinder)

Peoples thoughts on which choice you would go for?

price is the same so not worried about that. Just worried about getting the bigger one and over powering the float needle, or getting the smaller one and not pumping enough to run the turd.

Also I assume its still ok to run the pump off the ignition and not needed a tachometric replay to power the thing?

I under stand there are benefits to safety for the tachometric, but i also dont wanna be cranking the shit out of it when the fuel is trying to prime up after a stint of no use.

I have intalled the higher PSi pumps in the past on other vehicles, and not really had a problem, but as I learn more, I constantly start to over think things like this lol

Cheers

• Like 1