Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

I ended up with a galaxy tab s7. There was only two options really, that or a different one with keyboard that was over twice as much $

I looked at Apple ones but immediately got lost when trying to use it  

also got a cable that goes from different types of USB so I should be able to plug my cd writer into the tablet, I assume there will be some app that allows a tablet to work with a cd drive  

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cletus said:

also got a cable that goes from different types of USB so I should be able to plug my cd writer into the tablet, I assume there will be some app that allows a tablet to work with a cd drive  

Could be / maybe. You also may find you'll need e.g. a powered USB hub to supply enough grunt for the writer. Have a go!

• Thanks 1

Did the tablet come with a S Pen?

That should be able to draw on pdf file just fine

Also, does lvvta have the ability to accept USB stick instead of CD? You can get the sticks for less than the price of a blank CD these days

Would be nice if they just had a Dropbox account or something and you could just dump the files in 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

Also, does lvvta have the ability to accept USB stick instead of CD? You can get the sticks for less than the price of a blank CD these days

Would be nice if they just had a Dropbox account or something and you could just dump the files in 

Just post em up here so we can have a squiz / mock their life choices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ajg193 said:

Yes, came with pen , and have tested it using 'notes' and it works , I need to find a way of organizing each formset better 

I'd happily use USB if that was an economical option, I have not checked for ages but last time I did, cd was the cheapest way, ordered some the other day and I think it was $80 for 100 cds 

I should check how much usbs are now

Each job would have to go on its own USB so I'd get through a few of them  

Pretty hard to beat CD's price wise, i'd say they are more reliable too for long term storage. I grabbed one out to put photos on for this reason this week and each time I plugged the USB stick in, it wanted to be formatted lol. Gave photos on a SD card in the end as have no means to burn a CD easily. Check out Amazon.com.au for CD's Clint, half that price there (unless you buy them with cases) with free delivery if you spend over $xx

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adoom said:

Be sure to store your CDs in the dark. Had some dropped on my desk at work that must have been kept in the sun or something, they were totally fucked and turning weird colours. Straight in the bin.

I've had a few CDs suffer from disc rot over the years too, with no obvious way to stop it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_rot

• Like 1

It's because no one uses CD's anymore* and people want laptops that weigh nothing. I haven't had a CD drive in my PC since forever. On the plus side, USB drives are cheap and you don't have to carry around CD drive components in your laptop for that one time you need it.

*Certifiers are made to

• Like 3

Idiot proof methods to bring car window glass back to new? Lots of grime and some wind-blown dots from painting. Have used razorblade in our of the way places as a test and it comes up good. But could damage glass so wondering what others do? Does a clay bar take all that stuff off?

24 minutes ago, Bling said:

Idiot proof methods to bring car window glass back to new? Lots of grime and some wind-blown dots from painting. Have used razorblade in our of the way places as a test and it comes up good. But could damage glass so wondering what others do? Does a clay bar take all that stuff off?

I use claybar and it goes hard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/10/2022 at 12:13, tortron said:

What does a top switch/high gear switch do on a manual gearbox. 

Obs. it's activated when it's in top gear. Tell the ecu to change something like lean burn or timing? 

On a Triumph it's the overdrive switch. Has a planetary overdrive stuck to the end of the manual box.