SeedyAl's 1976 Datsun 1200 Ute - Discussion

KKtrips

Lol na. I had thought of that but checked it against the old one again and its right. Gear box shifter is in right place. So yeah. My guess is cross member doesnt match my mounts. But un sure what cross member and mounts I need to aquire. Who would have thought putting a standard motor in a car would be dramas lol.

• Like 1

But the gearbox shifter hole may have been moved to suit the 4AGTE gearbox.... /you would know better cos you have looked at the silly thing.  LOL 

I can't understand how the clutch fork would be hitting the firewall. My next guess is the mounts onto the block are wrong - I had that on the Commy when doing engine conversion. 

If the clutch fork is hitting then surely that means the engine is just sitting too high? That gearbox was out of dadums wagon/all A series 4 speeds are the same size IIRC.

Also looks like the firewall has been welded up? Sure it wasnt replaced with something odd for the 4age?

/get the hammer out son.

comming out of bottom 

Teehee

Also, I'm not aware of any differences in gearboxes to suit the utility variant of the Nissan Sunny, more than likely the old 4AGE has tainted the ute with yuck/what beaver said, what the fuck is up with that tunnel?  My brother might still have an old sedan shell sitting about that I could cut a tunnel out for you, you fruity bar steward.

• Like 2

What you need Alan is a 1200 ute Xmember.

They are different to all the other car/coupe/wagon etc ones. And cunts ask too much for them.

All the car/wagon/coupe 1200's had the early style "front dizzy" engines.

And the 120y onwards (including the 1200 utes) had the "mid dizzy" engines.

So there is not going to be a bolt together solution. Often people fit mid dizzy motors into 1200's. Just by adding a plate to the top of the xmember to space the xmember to the mount.

If you find a ute xmember, I have the Ute engine mount brackets to suit.

ok. that pretty much answered my question thanks bart!

Yeah more than certain engine was sitting to high so would mosty likely explain the clutch fork problem

gear box tunnel was cut out to fit a rotary before the 4age lol.

But its all in the original spot.

So....... really, I should not worry about this cross member coming from Auckland, in fact I don't need any of that at all, as I already have all the brake bits I need for disc conversion anyway, and try find a ute cross member........

Fuck. starting to seem I should just keep the cunt 4age lol. Probabaly cheaper haha