POR-15 Needed - Help!

bmxican

if you do use por15 clean the area really well with something like oxalic acid or vinegar of the white variety used it in our farm truck to clean up under the passenger and drivers feet and the drivers sides still intact but the passenger sides rusted through where we didnt clean it properly. ps theres a leak on the drivers side too so it works well if you do it right not so much if not

Depends on your paint system. Most epoxy primers will have a re-coatable window where they are still active and will take a top coat without sanding. My one is 48 hours, so within 48 hours you can bang top coats on without sanding. I just did a engine bay like this.

2K might be considered better (opinions opinions), but not easier for everyone. POR15 you can grab a tin, some good safety gear and brush away, job done. 2K you need to source all the materials (at trade for there to be a saving I imagine) and have the compressor and gun already. Just another opinion.

With epoxy primer can you paint over surface rust no probs?