Trolly jack out of oil. Refill or toss it?

h4nd

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chines jack seals are not neoprene or viton they will be made out of melamine baby cheese and the engine oil has some solventy jizz in it so it can deal with carbon deposits or something and solvent jizz+baby cheese = weeees

arm waving mildy wild speculation etc.

• Like 4

What sort of oil goes in my air compressor? 

Compressor Oil!

Depending on what type of compressor it is dictates what type of oil you need. I carry ISO 68 compressor oil (which covers most common compressors) in 4L packs at my place if you need some :)

So, about 1 - 1.5 cups of ATF, and it puked a bit when I released it down (note for reference, don't totally fill em when extended. Should'a been obvious, in hind sight, but there you are). Thanks Felixx, nice to catch up.

Compressor Oil!

Depending on what type of compressor it is dictates what type of oil you need. I carry ISO 68 compressor oil (which covers most common compressors) in 4L packs at my place if you need some :)

Win. Total is great...

• Like 1

For reference: after a couple of days,the jack has a puddle the size of saucer plate under it, so seals are obviously toast.  I'll try storing it on it's end, and next incarnation is toss it / fill it with cranberry jelly. Thanks all.

chines jack seals are not neoprene or viton they will be made out of melamine baby cheese and the engine oil has some solventy jizz in it so it can deal with carbon deposits or something and solvent jizz+baby cheese = weeees

arm waving mildy wild speculation etc.

pretty much this

you get exactly the same problem with some Chinese lawnmower engines etc. They must run out of special seals sometimes and then put in regular old ones cos some of those things melt straight away lol. that's the same type of engine that comes with metal shavings in the crankcase and sometimes is pre filled with some type of fish oil instead of engine oil. haha

china is crafty when it comes to this sort of thing.

edit: they're actualy ok engine if you take it apart and clean the insides and replace the dodgy bits. maybe also make sure all the bolts and screws are done up right. you gota do this before you start it tho