SRAGE'S Datto 1200 COUPE

danger

Yeah you would be loosing a decent bit of power like that. There will be a decent amount of flow loss will be occuring due to no ramtubes and secondly a hard surface close to the intake opening causes the rarefaction waves in the intake tract to be reflected without a change in sign (normally a +ve pulse is reflected as a -ve at an increase in area such as a ramtube open to air).  

Probably doesn't matter if you just want a fun car that doorts.

^ I'm going to pretend that ummm yea sure all of that makes total sense to me and yes you are correct. :-P

At this point in time though the carbs aren't high up my priority list as they are way out of tune and have been since day dot, will get them tuned up properly by the guys at palmside when i figure out what im gonna do with the set up of them. But pretty much it's purely just going to be kept as a fun doort/weekend car, not planning on trying to get any sort of horsepowers from it.

• 1 year later...

I wonder how many of those LHD 2 door sedans there are floating around in NZ. My Uncle brought one back from the US in 72. They bought an Olds Cutlas as well as a money maker and sold it as soon as they could . They hung on to the Datsun until the mid 90's when my cousins went overseas and no one wanted it any more. The only rust it had was at the bottom of the rear guards because the back window leaked. Way better that the NZ assembled ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Someone was saying one has just come in to NZ. Unsure who said it cos I drink too much. That makes three minimum.

There's a dedicated race car up north and another one in Chch that's been in the build for aaaaages.

Has coupe tail lights and flares and a few other body mods, CA18 etc so far from standard.