Durty's Blue Brick

Goat

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will put money on that you have crap in the carby too - you'll need to strip it down including removing all the jets etc and blow them all out the opposite way to what the fuel flows or you'll just blow the crap in and wedge it in harder. Rubber lines disintegrating is the most common cause for blocked lines followed closely by crap in the tank.

Replace the rubber lines too so it's done once and for all.

ugh, well that was a fail.

Don,t think it is the tank, pulled the sender out and filter is clean and looking down into the tank it is clean also. In the process of putting the sender back in I broke the fuel hose. It is some weird plastic sort of hose covered with thick rubber and I bent it a bit too far and it split, so will need to replace that before I can do anything else.

have pulled the carb back off and stripped it right down again and blown everything out backwards and refitted but cannot test it now to see if its any better

Did notice that there is a screw missing from the carb and that fuel has been leaking out of it so will need to replace that still

After putting new carb on it pulled the old one down completely to bits (mainly so I could figure out how it worked, have read a bunch of articles but needed to actually see the bits to understand it) that red jelly stuff is everywhere through the passageways and around the needle so thing that may have been the issue. Also the needle was no longer sitting centred so probably wasn't helping.

New carb on it and seems so much better. Will swap the better bits off the old carb at some point but it works as is now so that can wait

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, is running beautifully now. was coughing and spluttering and black smoke out the back when I took it for the first test drive after sorting the clutch. Got home and realised i had left the choke fully out. went for another drive last night and drove this morning and was perfect. little bit of choke for a minute or 2 this morning and she was good to go.

No holes for injectors. I actually prefer the carb to be honest. Always used to have annoying issues with the fuel injected ones

• 2 weeks later...

So, need some opinions, Need new lenses for front indicator/parklights and taillights. which of the following do people think are better?

For taillights, red white orange red

frhviHn.jpg

or red white white red?

ng0P0vt.jpg

and for front corner lights

can get orange, clear, orange/clear or clear with small orange bit

1MTo7TA.jpgChlDQDw.jpg0XrYNLJ.jpgdrh1HcZ.jpg