Be4vers Gx61 Mark II

be4ver

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea where they came from, I got them second hand from some chick on zebs facebox wheel classified page. Cost me $400 which was pretty decent I thought. Then I swapped my 6.5 wide longchamps to a guy for his 6inch wide ones that he'd already had split. Also from the Facebook page.

And yeah I'm pretty sure they are steel

you can statically balance them sweet but dynamic balance will be out/if you roll the wheel along flat ground it will try to pull to one side a bit but they are on opposite ends of the same axle line so it shouldn't make a noticible diff/OH MY GOD YOU WILL CRASH SO BADLY

God damn they are shiny! Nice!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes straight pipes! But 5 speed is next.

And proper lowering up front. Might also cut the bump stops down in the back to drop it another 30-40mm

Yeah fender mirrors are getting fixed up by a mate at the moment, one was fine but I fuckin broke it off when I was fixing the damn water leak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

71 calipers are exactly the same size as the 61s, but the anchor plates are different. i have some off a mx73 and a ga61, those 2 have the same bolt spacing etc. 

problem is the mx73 anchor plates position the caliper in a different spot due to the mx73 disc and hub being different. basically leads to the disc grinding on the anchor plate 73 stuff with a 61 hub. 

tldr: you need 71s hub, disc and anchor plate. only piece that's a straight swap is the caliper and even then the brake hose sticks out at a different angle.

(i haven't checked if ga61s are exactly the same but i'd assume so)

also those outer barrels are probably made for a wheel with a much lower offset compared to your 8s? your 8s are weak, mine sit outside the guard even with full camber.

chees im not sure i follow. I have the x71s strut, hub and disk but its my 61 caliper that is wrong. This pic is with a cressida caliper which is the same as on my gx61. so i would need a caliper off a 71 wouldnt i? unless this strut isnt what i think it is

zRNOi4C.jpg

sorry i'm shit at explaining this stuff, by anchorplate i mean the bit that bolts to strut as above^ (the caliper, fuck knows how i came up with the term anchor plate/braindead)

as you are saying its a different bolt spacing, but the caliper is also designed differently, so you'll need the 71 hub and disc to fit the caliper correctly.

part 7 has a different offset causing it to bind on the disc

31422d1315278018-cobra-front-caliper.jpg