ke36 engine conversion

mk2 hunting

generally when you want to do an engine conversion you know what engine you want, id suggest  at the very least, take a bunch of cars with those sorta engines in for a drive and see how the behave in factory conditions. see what you like. 

and then talk to a cert man to make sure you get it legit right from the very beginning. 

Depends if you are up to cutting the fire wall and gearbox tunnel up. Or paying somebody to. As all of your suggestions would require this.

If it must be turbo (can't see why personally) I would be looking at a turbo 4agze. Or with a bit more work a celica/caldina 3sgte?

Which if it is anything like putting a altezza 3sge into my ke70. Isn't easy, quick or cheap.

In all seriousness, this would go well with a silver or black top 4A-GE in it.

How far do you really want to go?

Are you dead set on going turbo?

Are you planning on doing the conversion yourself or paying someone to do it?

What is the intended use of the vehicle?

It's probably best that you sit down and decide what you want from the car before making a decision on what engine to use.

• Like 2

small car small engine i say. unless you are going to mid mount it and rest your favorite pie on the cam cover, only an arms reach away.

4age might sound boring, but it ticks the boxes.  ok upgrade if keep it na.  with the potential for good cheap power with a +t.  or rebuild with ze pistons and you got yourself a damn solid bottom end, for factory parts.

• Like 1

nah doesnt have to be turbo not a must have about 8-9k and even just a plain 3sge beams looking for reliabilty with power just good alrounder not carbied as live out of town gets cold and dont want to adjust etc an altezza power I think would be perfect but can go more if cheap enough

You seem to list a couple of 2 litre 4 cylinder turbo engines but missed out 4G63T, which I believe is a far better option than a 3S or SR. 

if you want it to sound cool go for a 1ggte /but don't because they are hard to find good bits for..

• Like 1

nah doesnt have to be turbo not a must have about 8-9k and even just a plain 3sge beams looking for reliabilty with power just good alrounder not carbied as live out of town gets cold and dont want to adjust etc an altezza power I think would be perfect but can go more if cheap enough

Do YOU want a turbo?

If not the answer is either Beams 3SGE, SR20DE or 4AGE.

Hayabusa engine would be fairly easy you can buy driveshaft flanges that bolt on in place of sprocket then you get a sequential box as a added bonus.

and 3-400 hp if you go turbo just chucking it in as interesting option.

• Like 2