AUCKLAND MONTHLY MEET - 22 May

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome meet.

Again, thanks Tara for cleaning up.

Don't see an issue with Facebook event, but rules should be stated clearly on the fb page too for those who reckon it's sweet to leave their shit behind/state OS cars only.

Maybe enforce split level parking, say dailies lower level & OS cars up the ramp? (Or vice versa depending on weather).

Saw a bunch of sweet rides that hadn't shown up previously. A+ would trade again

• Like 1

pretty disappointed to hear Tara had to go around cleaning up afterwards. i hear some people left a whole bunch of empties behind too.

in the 5 or so years we've been having this meet at this venue this has never been an issue.

this is a super sweet venue that we use without anyone's permission. don't fuck it up!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I only cleaned up because our use of the carpark pretty much balances on us not making our presence obvious. So leaving behind ciggie butts and empty bottles is not in our best interest. And we like meeting there.

Its kinda to be expected with a massive influx of new people, we just need to do some gentle educating. Everyone is an adult, take your trash with you/put it in the bins.

Cheers to Ed for sourcing plastic bag.

• Like 1

great meet! couldn't believe how many showed up despite the shite weather.  

Some truly gorgeous machines on display.

Popped my CaliB cherry, very satisfying and now I want more... is that wrong?

I think my mates may have been partly responsible for some of the mess, they shall receive a stern talking to.  Filthy smokers :P

Such a good venue, would suck major balls to lose it because of mess.

I can't remember who posted it but I like the idea of dailys downstairs, OS upstairs.

I think it's great posting the meet up as an event on facebook so long as err'ybody knows what it's about, behaves themselves, and signs up to the oldschool website.  The more the merrier right?

Lots of cars last night. And lots of new ones I hadn't seen before = Good points.

Public boozing and dropping emputies on the ground and ciggy butts everywhere = low points.

The problem I have with the boozing part is while a sneaky beer never hurt anyone (providing it is only the passengers drinking and in moderation) having people show up just to get on the piss is only ever going to end in tears. Evetually some dickhead will throw a beer of the parking lot, piss in public or do something equally stupid. This will result in police action.

To the mods involved I would highly recommend watching what happens with the boozing and if it continues (imagine summer time) then it may need to become booze free. For those of you old enough, remember what happened to the Takapuna Boat Ramp meet ups... Need I say more?

Tara you are a legend for picking up after others and it is this caring approach to a wonderful event that will ensure its continued success.

*steps down off soap box*

• Like 7

i really think we should stop the facebook advertising.

this is an OS event that's been going really well for years without incident (except for one dickhead doing a burnout ages ago) .

lets keep the invites to OS and other forums that share our common interests. mass inviting facebook people is going to end this event. 

• Like 8

not too be too rude or such but is it a o.s meet or a mx5 meet?
and yes i did notice quite a few people just coming to get otp by the looks of things. i fully back the idea of new cars downramp old up ramp. 
and no facebook event faceook ruins everything.

• Like 1

Well, that was my OS meet cherry popped. Plenty of cool cars, and good to meet some of y'all. In honesty it was a little bit daunting with the sheer number of cars and people.

As a newb not sure what my 2 cents is worth, but I'm with Sheepers up there, FB invites are a bit of a recipe for disaster I think. Like mass text messages about parties back in the day.

Really disappointed about the mess, cheers Tara for cleaning up. One would think that people would be adults and clean up after themselves, but I guess not.

I wasn't there but I agree with the keeping it low profile on Facebook too.  The last Wellington invite had something crazy like 150 people on it and attracted questions such as "iz mai r32 oldskool?(sic)".  No dickheads turned up, but they easily could have.  Maybe just make the Facebook invite private and members only?

lets keep the invites to OS and other forums that share our common interests. mass inviting facebook people is going to end this event. 

I regretfully agree. New comers to this event are not going to walk around cleaning up after others etc. Word will get out, it will get too big and eventually the police will get involved and shut it down. I've seen it before soo often.

I'm not against new people coming along, I'm all for it, I just think that perhaps we need to get a bit nana spec on some of the ground rules (such as no boozing) and perhaps a couple of buckets of sand around the place for all the dirty smokers?

Also, I thought the MX5 that came along were all great looking cars and they are peoples pride and joy. so why not have them parked up top? My Rx-7 is a '89, so what that is now not old enough? You can see where this will go..

Yes, non cool daily's could park down stairs but who is going to decide that? Have Euron8 walking round asking people to park downstairs? I can imagine that will go down well with some people.

You will always get to a point where events can need to grow to survive, but too big too soon..