kpr's e30 320i beater

kpr

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This heap of junk is still beached out the back.  

Have had some 15x8 widened steel bands hanging about for awhile now.  steel surgeon spec, he also made some rings that fitted inside the bands.  these will get welded in. then the mesh centers will bolt in like usual on a 2/3 piece rim.   today i machined the inside of the rings  so they locate the center nicely.  also had to trim a few mm off the center, so they fit inside the band.  excuse shit pictures

photo0142a.jpg?w=800

These are the rings, machined.  just need to drill the rest of the holes. 

photo0156a.jpg?w=800

they are actually 14" centers.   offset should work out around here somewhere. they need to work on this junk and also my ae85 for skid wheels.  i have beaten the front guards on the bmw and got alot more room to make them aggressive as possible. rear  i dont know..

photo0148a.jpg?w=800

junk.  need some tyres so can work out offset.

photo0117a.jpg?w=800

till next time, nazi salute etc...

ps: taking request on what colour to paint bands

• Like 1

hell no, im not painting this thing.

and yeh i got your mums pink hand bag.  i had to give her a potato sack to carry my plums

anyway,   the rim bands were already matte black.  looked like dog shit.

photo0157.jpg?w=800

spray bombed it silver.  looks alot better.   this is how you do fake wheels rota..

photo0165.jpg?w=800

photo0164.jpg?w=800

anyone got some 195/45r15's they want to sell?    thats a 185/55 on there,  is a bit big. cant turn.

• Like 1

195/50s, wanna chuck one on? Got one at work.....

yeh bro, that would be sweet!   will come see you with another band this week sometime.   measured a mates 195/50 against that 185/55 you put on, was about 10mm smaller height wise.

• 1 month later...

Done some more on my brota wheels

holes

dsc02244s.jpg?w=800

Ring welded in from back side

dsc02245s.jpg?w=800

They aren't the roundest things ever being widened steels. which is obvious, soon as you drop in the machined ring.   long as they spin i guess.

finest  spray can polished finish:

dsc02250s.jpg?w=800

3 more to go!

• Like 3

another trip to mackaz.  he jammed the finished rim in the ballancing machine,  was near spot on surprisingly.   seems i picked the best band first.  number 2 is 2mm wider on one side of the rim. so had to try get 1mm run out,  both on inside and outside. to get the band to run true!

liped the guard so wheel turns

dsc02267s.jpg?w=900

made some changes on the front. so it turns.    cut up the lower arms again.  previously i added 40mm into them (for stock wheels and padock bashing)  cut them back to 30mm extended and added a decent amount of caster.  has rediculous caster now.    why am i working on this car?  i don't know

dsc02264s.jpg?w=900

• Like 5

choice.    i was kind of surprised they balanced up so well.  as the bands aren't no precision machining.

finished wheel.   only problem is the spray paint i used is junk.  looks pretty decent.  but marks so easy. rub it and turns matte grey,  the sliver ends up on your hand. its like the top layer never goes hard.  anyone had good results with any silver product without going pro painted?

dsc02286s.jpg?w=900

Its about as close as your gonna get out of a can , but agree that stuff is beyond terrible for marks 

Got some gold stuff the same looks primo sprayed but marks real easy, sprayed some cheap spray can clear over it and its alot better for marks.

two $6 cans of paint aint an expensive paint job hahaa

drop them down the chromers