kpr's e30 320i beater

kpr

A work mate wanted to do some paddock bashing last year. I told him it had to be manual and rwd if it was to go in my paddock. We agreed to go halves and picked this up, from a semi shady part of town, had been parked up on this kerb for some time
320i-bmw-s.jpg

After a jump start and making it to the nearest gasser with a flat tyre. It was pretty much the most lush thing ive ever driven. Quiet and like driving on a cloud. But being dereg'd thats the last time it will see the road. To the paddock!

Only mod was a locker. ^

I decided to mod the steering, for more angle in the paddock. shortened the steering knuckles, lengthened the lower arms and tie rods to get more wheel clearance. got a little carried away. so has mega camber
photo0668s.jpg

Was pretty shit in the pacdock after this. Was constantly bottoming out, since effective spring rate went down. For some reason i felt sorry for it.
Put it in the shed and ripped the suspension out. Have rear coil overs mocked up. Using cusco coil overs from the front of a fwd corolla. A friend has a pair of evo coilovers he is donating to the cause. Hopefully they will work out for the front. As i want to spend zero dollars more on this thing.

This was my Artists impression, back when we were buying it.
agajbggd.jpeg

i will update when i get hold of a camera
  • Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

front coilovers; are from an mitsi evo. ohlins, would have been flash when they were new! one had leaked most of the oil out. so half assed rebuilt it. should last long enough. cut them up and welded to the bmw struts.

dsc01818s.jpg

knuckles have been modded for a little more lock

dsc01820s.jpg

was trying to get the shocks to run in the top part of the travel, as shaft is got a nick near the end. but kinda miscalculated.

this pretty much as high as the front will go. need to go a little higher so can turn! might get away with a bit more preload or 10k+ springs. anyone selling some cheap!?

dsc01828s.jpg

ok. have been planning on making some cheap 15" skid rims for the trueno. so have more skid tyre options. mocked up in mates bands here, still awaiting mine. then can machine few mm off the centers so they fit through the step.

photo0662s.jpg?w=600

photo0665s.jpg?w=600

the centers im using just happen to be multistud. so! make them fit here as well!

anyone got a sedgehammer i can borrow?

dsc01837s.jpg

• Like 3

these things dont take to low so well, got about 35-40mm clearance to cross member an about 50mm to sump after putting some 10mm spacers under the engine mounts. preloaded the springs a bit more, think it should be ok with the 8k's got it kinda drivable again today, ripped some O's on the driveway, killed some pesky weeds that like growing in the gravel. feels pretty good so far, considering.

also fuck you "stance" sites with my poor fitment

dsc01863s.jpg

sponsor me some free stuff and you can draw on the bonnet . from the top

rotafag aka pole mounter - front coil overs

parts guy aka weeman - shares/parts/lazy guy

bag of dicks ?

dsc01848s.jpg

i hear you can put an e36 steering rack in these for quicker steering ratio. might do this if can be assed/find cheap rack