Metric fine CSK socket screws....are they out there?...

yoeddynz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have taken a photo but yeah the plate is only 10mm thick. So too thin to get away with milling/spot facing down into the plate to take normal cap bolts.

I have spent today mucking about with it trying to see what I could get away with. I now only need three bolts. I am hesitant to tap the current m12 x 1.25 holes out to 1/2unf because unless I get the tap started spot on in the same lead as the original thread I could pretty much cut out whats there already- the difference in radius only being .35mm. Would be hard to judge the tap start position as the holes are clearenced about 5mm in.

Asked about various places in Nelson and no luck. I know these bolts exist.

Mr old grumbly cat- yes please if you can find out if you can get me some that would be great.

For now the plate is held in place anyway- but I will need 3 bolts for sure. 30 to 50 mm long will do fine- I can chop longer ones down.

Dave- I presume you mean tig nuts onto grub screws. Well I have only just bought my first tig and have yet to fire it up (building my welding bench first before the big 'first go'

my tig skills are basically shit. I sure I would end up with no nut left and a grub screw firmly attached to my new bench....

Problem is I have 4 engines and not sure which I will end up using. Would rather not end up helicoiling all 4. If I decided to sell one or two of them off on trademe to some mx6/mx3/ford probe(worst car name ever?) then their bolts won't fit.

I want these bolts! They are out there. In fact I have just sent these guys a pleaful email....

http://www.nssocketscrews.com/stocksystem/stock/cat/Socket-Countersunk/subCat/Metric-Fine-Pitch-10.9/prodCat/METRIC

I'll keep searching...

i was going to weld them for you if i could get some.

Very kind of you sir. And in return I would let you cuddle our neighbours dirty looking cat in return while I pour you a Pear and scrumpy old mout. Let's see what this blighty bolt company replies with to my woeful story I just sent them....