brdflu REALLY shouldn't have bought kyteler's KHR30

kyteler

I think using the forum as an "I'm going to do this today/tomorrow" has helped maintain the motivation a little. That and I want to do stationary load cooling tests. I was planning on doing one today but when it fired up like a bag of pooh I lost the desire slightly and then when it actually ran well I was just so relieved.

Things I need to do:

Interior,

Trims,

Gearbox Oil,

Electrical Gremlins,

Burnout.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my old dr30 had a switch on the dash to only use the outer taillights, and inners were off.

i think it was a kind of park light setup.

cant remember what they did under brakes though.

maybe to do with that?

Ah! Will see what I can find. It might be to do with plugs then as I've not got everything plugged in and I know when I first got it, although the engine never worked, the lights did.

I'm going to need that grille ASAP Edwardo, the FL one is so yuck.

Heh. I'll pack and send it this week. You should also fit a FJ20 while you're at it, to go with that superior grille of superior-ness.

the stumble could be the usual FJ/L sticky AAC problem, but the L sounds pretty crisp regardless. As for your lighting issue, the hazard/park switch plays a part in the operation of the park lights/indicators, as does the dimmer switch for the backlighting. I also recall there's a silly little relay next to the right hand tail light that sometimes plays up and/or burns out, resulting in strange brake light operation.

You leave me no choice; R30 coupe battles will have to happen at Nats... I have zero confidence in the reliability/longevity of my rattly FJ though.

Oddly enough, my coupe does this when you use the park switch on the dash, but squid doesn't (in fact, none of the tail lights illuminate at all):

zUdOSxr.jpg

Excellent progress KY.

I hope after this beast is up to spec, that you'll be applying the same vigor and enthusiasm to another of your oh-so deserving fleet?

That's the hope or plan. I'll try dig into the C110 next, though that still has the finance side of it causing problems.