brdflu REALLY shouldn't have bought kyteler's KHR30

kyteler

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good good. you'll be done way before me at this rate (I have a chain to fix, a diff to overhaul, A/C to regas, and new tyres to buy... gah)

Hah, I doubt it will. We'll see though. ;)

P.S.

Heh. I'll pack and send it this week.

Has that been done/sent?

Aye, it has, you should receive it early next week if it's not there already.

Incidentally, do either of your R30s have the clutch or brake/ASCD cancel switches (located on the pedals) for the factory cruise control? I want to get it going again in my coupe, and reading the e-nets seems to indicate that either one of those could be faulty. (mind you, I can't even remember if either of your cars were factory manual)

Ready to sell me some parts yet? :D

6 CYLINDER UNDERWATER IDLING SHIT

/nah put a FJ20 in it.

Hah, cheers for sending that grille man. Legit.

I am now legal.

I have a miss to fix and more work but the hard stuff is done.

Ready steady Eddy, neither were factory manual, sadly. The only switch I noticed on the pedals was the old kickdown switch.

Yeah, I'm back baby.

Another keyway and pulley on. We're good to go. Super paranoid but good to go.

The engine and gearbox crossmembers have taken some damage, the gearbox and floorpan are damaged. The sump too. So far though, they all seem to be holding. Nothing got pierced thank fuck.

Crikey, what a day.

Needs more low, but need to do some spring and shock research there. She squats in the back something fierce.

It's also very slow to drop revs, so it sounds really numpty when changing gears. I have a feeling this is to do with the wire difference between looms. I'll do some more research there too.

It will get the wheels from the Sunny on it, though there's no way they'll look appropriate with the 195/45 Falkens on there so I'm looking into other options. I'll probably get some other wheels for the Sunny, put those tyres onto them. I'm thinking I might run some semis on the 30. I have a feeling it will not be able to be used everyday anyway, as far as gas bills go, backwards and forwards to Tiwai everyday would be twice to three times the price. Fuck that.

The interior for the most part looks ok at the moment. I'll put a stereo in it otherwise Speeno might get a bit bored on the drive.

I need to replace the front main seal by the looks of it, so will get that done also.

This is exactly why I wanted to get it legal a good time before the drive, to iron out any teething problems. I, of course, didn't expect to have the pulley come off, but cock sausages, that's exactly what happened and better now than on a nationwide tour in April.