brdflu REALLY shouldn't have bought kyteler's KHR30

kyteler

Oh, I will. Don't you worry about that. I just need my mate to return my welder. Well... that and I think I might have to remove the motor from the donor car in order to get the steel from it, to save me having to form anything new and just cutting it all to fit from the other one.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you hacking up the sedan?

I will, yep.

I found similar bodging on the rx3 in exactly the same place. But it was better hidden.

So jealous of your workshop. One day when I grow up I'll have a workshop like that.

One day when I grow up hopefully I'll still have this one. It's weird, on one hand it's all - Should have had a house ages ago, the other is still - what the fuck.. a house, you're crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed!

That clean patch is the previous "repair" from the other side. So they slapped that on one side and then tarred it in place before putting that abortion on in the engine side. Ah well... onwards, etc. there's no changing what's already done.

Started to cut the screen out last-night as well, need to get the dash out to get the firewall padding out so I can weld a few bits and piece without fear of doom.

Hah, I wish I could muster a few hardcore OS brethren to get the car done in a week. Huge distance warrant chase to get it legal via sympathetic bogan, etc.

I cut more of the windscreen seal lastnight, gave up after the mince for dinner was defrosted, have got the sides and top cut out, the bottom will be problematic, it won't come out easy without removing the dash and the dash won't come out easy without removing the screen.

Stay tuned for the post where one or the other is broken and I throw my toys.