brdflu REALLY shouldn't have bought kyteler's KHR30

kyteler

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a turbo sump already (got it off a Laurel Medalist TURBO a long time ago) so there's really nothing in that pile that I require. Feel free to jump on the whole lot and biff the rest out if you like DJZ ;) I wouldn't have minded some spare headlights but those are cracked and fucked anyway so not really keen at all.

Cheers though Ed, keep on looking out! So strapped for cash at the moment though, just converted some NZD to AUD for Bathurst. :( Mind you, a good chunk of my savings are gone just from buying this R30 anyway :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

:idea::arrow: Hey bud, just putting it out there,I've wrecked a couple of these in the last year or so I have quite a number of R30 spares not many body parts but other bolt on's I mostlikely have somewhere if your looking for anything PM Me and I'll have a look for you.

How did I not see this reply beforehand? Too long in Australia (was still in Australia when you posted it ) and still not recovered, no doubt. Keen for an L20ET turbo manifold if you've got one? Or a complete L20ET with loom?

I believe that is pretty much the right amount of slam. But from a WOF point of view, probably not.

So this has just got an N/A L20 in it right? (I know you have told me this before but I have a mind like a sieve).

If you come across a turbo and manifolds you dont want, let me know... ;)

edit: ah I just re-read it, l28e. Got it.

Show-off.

Semi-related, I looked at a house today. Dun dun duuuuuuuuun. Twice even, I came back later on after the open home to scope out more. More looking and investigations are to be done however, then it goes to auction next month.

We will see. We will see. Plenty of room for cars though, which is the only reason why I am interested.

I agree on amount of slam. Just reduce that tyre profile a bit and she'll be right... lololol

The thing that stopped me from using the R32 fronts in the rear of the R30(s) was the smaller bottom spring perch on the shock, which wouldn't accept the fancy Japanese lowering springs I'd imported!

Semi-related, I looked at a house today. Dun dun duuuuuuuuun. Twice even, I came back later on after the open home to scope out more. More looking and investigations are to be done however, then it goes to auction next month.

We will see. We will see. Plenty of room for cars though, which is the only reason why I am interested.

Plenty of room for the two sedans for sale on trademe at the moment :P (one's that PNV we were discussing, and the other's a DR30)

Hey man, if you use R32 shocks i recommend using taller bump stops so the tyres don't rub on the shock while under compression due to the increased camber. I did this to use 215/R17, I also used R33 front springs on the 32 shocks as the 33 springs are slightly stiffer.

Even the power of the old L20et with a few mods (more boost and intercooler) will cause it to sit on the bumpstops while boosting if on standard r32 shocks, so forget passengers (if you like boosting), all of this depends on tyre size and offset though.

Ive had to find all this out through trial and error so I've learnt a few things about them along the way i.e. r33 viscous diff fits in the r30 housing with slight mods and s13 hubs fit also with slight mods but you cant use s13 shocks due to our small strut tower so adjustables is the only way to use them etc etc,

PM me if want to bounce ideas as i may have tried it and failed already,might save you some time/frustration.

Edited by kyteler
I just split this up and tidied it up a little to make it easier to read than the block of text that it was, so I can refer back to it later.

I agree on amount of slam. Just reduce that tyre profile a bit and she'll be right... lololol

The thing that stopped me from using the R32 fronts in the rear of the R30(s) was the smaller bottom spring perch on the shock, which wouldn't accept the fancy Japanese lowering springs I'd imported!

Plenty of room for the two sedans for sale on trademe at the moment :P (one's that PNV we were discussing, and the other's a DR30)

RE: Room, with a quick space estimate calculation in my head, I would guess 10 cars, under enclosed storage, then yard space for the same again.

hey man, if you use r32 shocks i recomend using taller bump stops so the tyres dont rub on the shock while under compression due to increased camber. i did this to use 215/r17 and also i used a r33 front springs on the 32 shocks as the 33 springs are slightly stiffer.even the power of the old L20et with a few mods (more boost and intercooler) will cuase it to sit on the bumpstops while boosting on standard r32 shocks, so forget passengers (if you like boosting), all of this depends on tyre size and offset tho. ive had to find all this out thru trial and error so ive learnt a few things about them along the way i.e. r33 visicous diff fits in the r30 housing with slight mods and s13 hubs fit also with slight mods but you cant use s13 shocks due to our small strut tower so adjustables is the only way to use them etc etc, pm me if want to bounce ideas as i may have tried it and failed already,might save you some time/frustration.

I barely have passengers anyway but that's some good knowledge, I'll no doubt tap your brain for more in the future, cheers man.