HeyHoles 1% KZ440 Bobber Build off Dannys GS550

oldnrusty

I was very nervous about riding on my firestones as I have read horror stories about how shit they are, and I'm running a 4.0 on the front!

I have been pushing mine harder and harder on each ride and am now grinding the shit out of my pegs and other undercarriage junk on every corner.

The rubber compound is soft as my butt cheese and I havnt had the front or rear come even close to stepping out.

One thing you gotta remember is that Americans are complete poofs and their road surfaces are made from completely different shit than ours.

These are no super bike tires but can definitely be pushed way harder than I ever imagined they could.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What Style is the bike?

Probably 3.0 on the front and 3.5 on the back. And if you are rolling a speed master on the front you would be better off with a safety mileage on the back.

And Hayhole, just because you can ride a firestone doesn't mean they aren't shit, because they surely are.

Hey man dont get your nickers in a twist, all im saying is that if you read up on these tryes peeps hate on them hard out,

I am far for a good rider, but when we went out to makra beach, i tried to stick with danny, and on my hard tail pushing it and scraping everything including my feet

I could stay up with him just.

All im saying is dont hate on them so hardcore if you havent had a hoon, I recon youd be surprise at how shit there not.

and for me having a 4.5 HIGH profile tire on a hardtail saves my ring piece haha, which by the look of your hog, you might like aswel

Haha, yea I'm not even stressed man. All I'm saying it that they are actually a tyre from the 1950's, they haven't changed, and as such they simply aren't on par with a tyre that has todays tech.

/Who am I to talk? I have a $25 postie bike tyre on the back of mine hahaha.

As this won best 2 wheeled in the 2012 oldschool awards it gets a bit of a blog post with some of the sweet pictures that Mr Rusty took last week - keep your eyes peeled for the blog coming out tonight sometime..

Also LOLed at Danny.. what a hard arse owl - ya little pussy - meow..

• Like 1

Congrats on winning the big one.

My titan has a sweet yoko from the 70s on the back, no cracks or anything.

Half considering riding it but the rubber feels hard as.

Might just be good for burnout duties.

with enough burnouts it'll be worn down to top notch a-grade quality rubber, like eagers do

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

fuck god this is the third time ive typed this!! aahhhh

stock fork height, look at the gap between the lower fork tree and the rubber boots

kawasaki-kz440-ltd-1-6564.jpg

lowered by sliding the fork legs through the trees, just for mockup

KZ1_zpsb0823956.jpg

then pre-load spring removed, main spring cut and spacer put in to take up the slack

dsc95070001.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

long awaited photo shoot shots, be meaning to put these up for ages

Dannys since painted a number onto the side covers, looks pretty sweet, and finishes it off nicely

DSC_0632_zps8f1f34c3.jpg

DSC_0640_zps3ba99aec.jpg

DSC_0642_zps7756856d.jpg

can see his custom warming light inside the speedo

DSC_0647_zpsc1566cd4.jpg

Dannys Board track racer

DSC_0650_zpse77b4306.jpg

DSC_0655_zps06a42de3.jpg

DSC_0782_zpsc2eae390.jpg

we grabbed a shot of the GSX since all the lights were up, The bikes back together now and sporting a new tidier muffler setup aswel

DSC_0754_zps516c24a5.jpg

another mate of ours, TL1000. Super bike on knobbies

DSC_0742_zpsc93887ac.jpg

bit gross but if your into that sort of thing

DSC_0747_zpsf016b8c1.jpg

DSC_0751_zps9de878fd.jpg

Chris's CX500, Would have to be the grossest bike of the 80s, but this has come up a dream

DSC_0660_zpsce0d5191.jpg

DSC_0664_zps3399d825.jpg

DSC_0674_zps217e8d7f.jpg

Panit colour and pins are spot on, not to mention the hours and hours goin into making it look cool in the first place, ie the tank and tank-seat mods

DSC_0683_zps8e44fc31.jpg

DSC_0690_zps5ab4fc02.jpg