HeyHoles 1% KZ440 Bobber Build off Dannys GS550

oldnrusty

So ive had this for awhile now, Finally started to do some real work on it,

got it off a mate who didnt have any welding skill, so was asking mates for help, never really got it how he wanted it

so ive taken it off his hands

its a 1980s KZ440, Rego and wof'd, he got it all re vined, changed the bars, new pipes, tank made a seat and did a half arse rear hard tail section

LGIM0274.jpg

LGIM0275.jpg

then i got my hands on it, brought a new seat (not in photos), and clip on bars to get it lower at the front end

2012-07-26185309.jpg

2012-07-27173818.jpg

now the fun really starts, Finally got some steel yesterday and then cut the rear section, leaving the swing arms to keep everything straight,

2012-09-03204337.jpg

note; swing arm will be gone once i weld the top section of the rear hard tail in

2012-09-03211846.jpg

sorry for shitness of the phone photos, lost my SLR battery charger, once i locate that ill take some better pics

thats it for the moe

cheers

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ holly shit! bad arse, yeah i love that bike ay, and im not even that big on bobbered inline 4 cyl aswel

stoked i got my hands on a 2 cylinder

and yeah later model ones were stock belt drive, kinda dig it ay

KZs also can out with a 16 inch rear on the chain drive models, keen to see if the cush drive for the chain is the same on a belt drive

but even better is that they came out with wire wheels on the early ones!

haha yeah man get into it!! Danny and me are doing a bike build off!

He's just brought a 1977 Suzuki GS550 on wire wheels! cunt, picks it up this weekend, so ive got a weeks head start on him

so last two nights, been bending up some threaded rod to mock up the rear of the frame, those and the tube i got are on there way to the engineers today, getting them mandrel bent.

seat2.jpg

with the saddle on

seat1.jpg

happy with the profile,

profile.jpg

note: exhaust pipe is just hanging in place, it does run on the same plane as the lower frame rail

cleared up the bar cluster fuck aswel

Bars.jpg