tyronj's 280zx 2 seater

ProZac

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i have come to the conclusion that these are all fucked with rust - a mate of mine mentioned the idea of fibreglass but i had a 73 colt with glass guards and it was a cock as they cracked way easy - still worth considering though, Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I just caught up on it too. Good shit, in the Z stakes these are my second choice in terms of awesome, beaten only of course by S30 2 seaters.

I feel like such a pussy getting all gutted with my comparitively super-minor amount of rot in the Ced - nothing like seeing someone else tackling a super rust-fucked Datsun to put it all into perspective :)

Hey bud, just had a read through your build

looks like you have alot going on, but doing a freaken great job mate.

keep it up, such awesome cars

Cheers mate - i hope to have all the rust done by Christmas and have it road legal by February.

I just caught up on it too. Good shit, in the Z stakes these are my second choice in terms of awesome, beaten only of course by S30 2 seaters.

I feel like such a pussy getting all gutted with my comparitively super-minor amount of rot in the Ced - nothing like seeing someone else tackling a super rust-fucked Datsun to put it all into perspective :)

Hahaha cheers mate. Yea i would love an S30 too!

• 6 months later...

Good stuff man, that's some sweet anti-rust commitment going on. You must be stoked to have the shell so far sorted after the abortion it was when you got it.

Cheers mate - yes fully stoked with progress cant wait to paint her up

Well done on the rust, really good to see you didn't give up and just kept chipping away at it. Looking forward to seeing how it looks after paint, are you going to stick with the factory colour?

Cheers man - yea its an ongoing and epic battle but the end is near haha.

As for the colour im thinking silver with a pearl but not 100% certain

I too just read your thread. Holy fuck, that was pretty raped by rust. even for a datto. Had it been in the sea?

Mad props for your huge efforts to save the old girl. To you sir, I remove my hat.

Cheers mate - yea raped is an apt description

Ive somehow missed this thread too. bloody hell and good on ya! saving a car like this with rust like that deserves a big hearty handshake!

Do these 280s have a shorter roofline than the 4 seater ones, as it is with 260s?

Ive somehow missed this thread too. bloody hell and good on ya! saving a car like this with rust like that deserves a big hearty handshake!

Do these 280s have a shorter roofline than the 4 seater ones, as it is with 

Thanks bro - i think they are different, i do know that everything firewall back is different panel wise. Kinda makes it a bitch coz there are 10:1 more 2+2's around.

When I read the first few posts in your thread, I thought you must be mad.

As I progressed through it... I still think you're mad hahaha.

As some others have said, your persistence is inspiring, I'd have shat my pants seeing that much rust.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out! Love Z cars so much.

When I read the first few posts in your thread, I thought you must be mad.

As I progressed through it... I still think you're mad hahaha.

As some others have said, your persistence is inspiring, I'd have shat my pants seeing that much rust.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out! Love Z cars so much.

Hey dude, Thanks