EURON8/Chickity - House Pimping.

EURON8

as you can see thebench ends there. We will be getting a nice pice of wood to make the rest of the bench level back to the all and then add in a couple of shelves up between the pantry and wall.

Toaster etc will live down in there and things we dont use that often on the shelves.

Not super ideal but we can deal with it for the price of the kitchen :wink:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what you mean - when I had the HWC issues and the fridge was in the lounge for a month while it was fixed and dried - I still kept going for the area where the fridge was when I needed something for a couple of weeks after it was returned to its usual spot...

I can imagine the excitement to have it done is huge. Nothing can ever happen fast enough when you are that excited..

• 3 weeks later...

Random update.

85% functioning kitchen!

Still has no water, so the dishwasher is still in the living room, and the butchers block hasn't yet been made for the rolling drawers. Still need to build the bench extension and shelving for beside the pantry. Other than that, its just the cosmetic stuff that needs doing!

So much yay right now!!!!

DSCN3598.jpg

DSCN3597.jpg

It came up ok. Needs a light sand and more varnish, the wood got its handee on and absorbed most of it, so it's not slide or glossy.

The real triumph is the bench notch. Where we cut it back beside the cooktop so the pantry would fit its been refaced (by Chris' infinitely handy dad) with delaminated strips from the offcut. Aside from not being rolled like the rest of the bench you can't tell it's not the original state.

Water! In the kitchen! Coming out of the tap! Like it's supposed to!

Stephen came over last night and he 'n' Chris climbed around under the house, left all the doors open, let the dog and heat escape etc. The result was running water/drainage in the kitchen!

Still no dishwasher - but this is only because the benchtop hasn't actually been secured to the cabinets yet, needs to be done before theres a dishwasher in the way...

After this we had beef roast and watched Beauty and the Beast. As you do.

• 1 month later...

This is what we were left with at the end of day one

DSCN3614.jpg

Today the rest came down

DSCN3620.jpg

(the waratahs with the rope around them are the approx markout of the new deck)

DSCN3622.jpg

DSCN3621.jpg

Meanwhile - across the street

DSCN3617.jpg

Dunno what happened here, we didn't hear it over the chainsaws, but yeah, tree fell over...

The chainsaw was pretty blunt by the time we got to that stage (it'd cut up most of the rest of tree) despite having been sharpened a couple of days earlier. it didn't want to make wedge. So cut straight through, Ryan pulled on it with the strop and Chris pushed from the other side. It wasn't very big by that stage, so if wasn't going to hit anything that mattered if it fell wrong.

Edit: Ryan said that in way fewer words.