EURON8/Chickity - House Pimping.

EURON8

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sand with the grain never moving the sander sideways, do not stop in the same spot with the sander if you can help it, push around some kids

i also hope you have borer trails everywhere and if you do leave that shit untouched, soooo lush

No bora. Theres plenty of treated but not remediated bora holes in all my restored furniture if you want to come and stroke it.

Also, need some assistance from you with hooking up the new water cylinder please.

Obtained a new temporary section of bench/storage solution in the form of a rolling tool trolley that has been sitting idle at Chris' last place of residence (his mum was glad to get it out of her garage).

Will be very effective once the jumble of tools that currently occupy it are relocated. Hopefully tonight.

Weekend project fail.

Very little was achieved. Removed cover from hotwater cylinder area. Cleared a corner of crap and pulled up the tiles that were under it.

Packed a rather large box full of mismatched crockery/cutlery/glassware to go off to the charity shop. This will most likely live in it's current spot for the next month or so until I get sick of kicking it...

If the timing gods prevail, shall obtain a belt sander this week and get a start on the floor. It's in really good nick where the tiles haven't been damaged by tonnes of wear, so it should come up nicely.

Weekend project fail.

Packed a rather large box full of mismatched crockery/cutlery/glassware to go off to the charity shop. This will most likely live in it's current spot for the next month or so until I get sick of kicking it...

this is as far as we've got with our house renovations, box has been beside front door since start of march.

We got stephen (rot808) round today to plumb up our new hot water cylinder.

Back tomorrow to finish off and sparky coming tomorrow to wire it as well. having mates in the various trades is beneficial.

Once this is done we can remove the old one and tear out the cupboards in the kitchen it lives in.

IMG_0288-1.jpg

Will build a cupboard to enclose it and include some shelves once shes all done.

It's in a pretty tight space. Will be building the cupboard around it as close as is safe.

Unfortunately, we are still without hot water as the element made a scary noise when it was turned on, so it was turned straight back off again.

Hopefully John the Sparky will be able to stop by again tonight to investigate.

Will be showering at the gym in the mean time.

• 2 weeks later...

I got stuck in carefully removing the old kitchen with a big hammer yesterday.

DSCN3565.jpg

DSCN3567.jpg

DSCN3569.jpg

found a real easy way to limit the mess.

DSCN3566.jpg

Ran the fire all day.

Got my mate John back this morning the run some new wires for extra powerpoints and for the new locations of oven and dishwasher

DSCN3572.jpg

DSCN3573.jpg

DSCN3575.jpg

Epic dude, renovation work dominates the body.

Last lot of reno i had to do was remove 7 walls in our workshops office and make the office 6 feet smaller in 2 directions. Ive never slept so well after work in my life.

Hey look, a project of ours that's actually progressing at a reasonable (if a little slower than I'd like) pace.

Chris' dad came round this weekend, armed with every tool imaginable, and we made some epic progress on the floor. A belt sander, a gib sander (giant orbital on a stick), a little orbital sander, and myself armed with a pottle of filler and a chisel (couldn't find the spatula) later.... Perfect floor.

Stain has since been added and the first coat of varnish is down. Looks amazing.

Will chuck the pics up tonight.

Second coat goes on when we get home today, then hopefully we can start getting the cabinets in tomorrow!

Sandwiches are doing the job as far as sustainence goes, but pretty keen to get the oven/microwave/toaster going again tbh. Cold nights require hot food!

i like the fact that terry is now involed in this project

you are so lucky you have nice wood under your vinyl. My house is built just after they used up every last piece of native timber and has particle board lol.

So floors were sanded

We stained the floors as the rest of the house is straight varnish and looks pretty naff.

DSCN3577.jpg

DSCN3580.jpg

DSCN3582.jpg

Once the varnish had 2 coats and dried. i set about measuring for the position of the risers and cabinet to wall to benchtop spacings. Took ages.

Today we started bringing in piece by piece.

DSCN3587.jpg

DSCN3588.jpg

DSCN3592.jpg

Dog being super helpful as usual.

DSCN3591.jpg

We had to cut down the cabinet that tucks in behind the pantry and also notch the bench.

We needed the pantry to sit where it does so the fridge could sit in between it and the door.

Made it thinner by about 100mm and then restapled the backing board ad it sat nicely in place.

Note: all the cutting was done with a hand saw cause the oldman forgot the skill saw and we couldnt be bothered going back to the shore to get it. Luckily he's an ex chippie so is well versed in the use of such oldschool techniques.

Tomorrow we will screw the bench down.

Need to cap the exposed wood where we notched the bench will try peel a piece off an offcut and stick it on.

Plumber needs to come back now - :wink: $tephen

Sparky came today and wired up the stove.

He will be back to wire the stove top soon.