Kaikoura 'meat'- its all about old cars, beer and the cock.

yoeddynz

I'm well up for a weekend meet at a beach near Kaikoura. We in Nelson could do a convoy down, picking up Blenheim folk on way through and you lot south can come up.

Camping, near a beach, with campfires, cars/vans/tents, swimming/surfing, food and booze. Sometime soon before it gets really fucking cold. How about Saturday 26th of May? That gives us a month.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep That is a fantastic road. Even better it's now all fully sealed. And in winter mt lyford usually has good snow too.

I'm keen on the above date, 26th may. I think it's the weekend before queens birthday? I'd want to avoid q/bday as it would mean busy roads full of idiots ( even more than us) so yeah that gives us like a month. There are tonnes of good places to park up for a night, pitch tents and get fires going. We always like the first beach just north of Kaikoura- hapuku?

Pinch your brothers car! Or hopefully Sam from Mot can come along and he might have room. Or we might take the van so if we do we could take you. Not sure yet but we might head to Blenheim on the Friday night then cruise to Kaikoura on sat morning.

Tonnes of drift wood there when we parked up with housetruck.