Kaikoura 'meat'- its all about old cars, beer and the cock.

yoeddynz

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been having a bit of a google, as far as I can see they're not keen on camping unless you're self contained, no nearby DOC camp sites, apart from this.

http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recrea ... puhi-puhi/

..and it pretty much fails the serious pre-requisite of fires being allowed.

I'm wondering about contacting local camp grounds direct to see if they're keen to do a deal, but still, unlikely to be allowed fires.

Girly option could be this...would probably be cheaper than tent sites even.

http://www.bookabach.co.nz/baches-and-h ... a-district

Food for thought, I'm hoping someone knows a paddock we could borrow...

I reckon then that we turn up to Hapuku beach in the afternoon, chill out and enjoy the sunshine (hopefully) then set up tents early evening as it gets darker. There is a toilet there- set up by the locals for people who are camping there. I have always seen people tenting and banning there and I think in winter/off season it's not a big issue. Basically we risk it. We are all kiwis (except hannah but she is a virtual kiwi) and its our land. So long as we don't leave rubbish, we dont upset locals (of which there is only one little cottage and its further along the dirt road that sides the beach) and we don't shit where we shouldn't then I see no harm eh! Pisses me off the way things have changed. A few have ruined it for many.

Anyway- we'll be collection o nice old cars eh. It'll look lovely. Better than a collection of plastic motorhomes.

Photo oppertunitys will be great btw- lovely sea and beach with old cars lined up. I'm trying to lure Andre along with his classy viva gt.

We could meet at the new world carpark. I think there is a bar cafe there? And then stock up on BBQ food and beer etc. this way we have plenty of easy parking too.

The bakery on the main road north of town centre has awesome pies btw.

would it be ok if a couple of anglia pilots from blenhiem/ nelson joined us.

Seems the chch and nelson anglia fraternity are talking about something similar.

Seems silly to not have the chance to meet up.

Dunno if they want to camp and play, but it might boost the size of convoys