Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the diff whiney? If not I'd slap it back in. The TRD diff will most likely be set up as a 2-way - but you'll never notice the difference.

Slap it back together and overfill the bajebus out of the diff - they have an extra filling bung on the tup (BIG plug like the drain bung) add an extra litre in there to stop the diff from dying. I had issues with crownwheels and pinions before doing that because the oil runs away down the tubes and gets stuck behind the baffles.

Was the diff whiney? If not I'd slap it back in. The TRD diff will most likely be set up as a 2-way - but you'll never notice the difference.

Slap it back together and overfill the bajebus out of the diff - they have an extra filling bung on the tup (BIG plug like the drain bung) add an extra litre in there to stop the diff from dying. I had issues with crownwheels and pinions before doing that because the oil runs away down the tubes and gets stuck behind the baffles.

yes, it had kind of worn wheel bearing sound, It is already back together, I only replaced the main seal/house gasket, and It doesn't appeal to leak for now, I haven't put it back into the car yet tho, so once it's in the car and running will tell if it's still noisy or leaking or both.

Before you touch anything you should really look into what it is you're touching. Would save yourself so much hassle. You-tube is a great resource on how to do things and how things work. Unless you actually enjoy breaking things I suggest you do more research before even lifting a spanner to use as a screwdriver. :salute:

Saw the photos on Trademe, has the GTV interior in it, and unlikely the interior has been changed as the 2-Tone blue is rare & only came on Silver cars unless especially ordered.

No shit, so mine must have been ordered with the two tone blue? Always thought it was weird the first owner of mine lived in Hams but the car came from Timaru.

Mr Ling, what are your plans for your 86's? Are you going to sell one or keep both? (too lazy to read thread)

didn't know it was m-squirted, my bad
tl;dr

does it drive? Find a timing light, come to my house and i'll do it.

I believe $tephen has one?

ok, I will get it started, and will get Stephen or you to help me to set the exact timing.

thank you ned.

also, The car runs on Mega squirt, would the normal diagnose port work?

:wink: