Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

man, what's up with you guys?

I mean Rotahoe couldn't really understand the condition of the rust, ok no sure. I like that.

but some of you have seen my car. and It's not in a good condition.

Chees, There is way more rust than what you saw, but that is the hardest part to fix IMO.

Put it this way, Sheeper told me He might not have the skills/tools to fix them.

Photos will come tomorrow, as you guys seems to be very interested in it.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy, if you want to follow the law, if you got BC's you would need to get a cert, $400 ish.

If you are worried about having a harsh ride currently (even though I think your bumpstops are likely more the problem here) I wouldn't be looking at BC, which while good, are at the cheaper end of the market when it comes to adjustable suspension - and most products at this price level tend to have very stiff spring rates for what you get out of the box.

the cert is proabably not a issue, I am thinking to put the rear seat back at some stage. so yeh there's the cost.

I am getting used to the ride now, so not a problem here.

I am seriously interested in both.

But just on paper the Bilstein is costing 1k more than then BC, and BC has lot more performance to offer.

I don't think they do have that much more "performance" TBH

How do you measure performance of a spring and damper setup - stiffness? damping and rebound rates?

Or the fact that you can change the platform height?

For BC You can easily adjust spring, damping rates and ride height to suit the different tracks, or roads.

My biggest question is How long would the BC shocks last before they need a repair?

I don't want to repair them once every 1-2 years. I will be driving 5000-8000kms each year.

No doublt the Bilsteins will last longer, but if is 5-7 years vs 4-6 years for BC then it's not such a issue for me.

Is it usual for shocks to wear to the point of needing replacement/repair at 10-16,000k? That doesn't sound right at all.

That's exactly what I am asking, Due to BC set are new to New Zealanders, No many people know how long they will last.

Quliity Shocks should last around 30-50,000kms as Truenotch told me, depending on the road/tracks and driving style.

bc's actually drive pretty nice on the street, when the damper isn't cranked up. im using s13 bc's in my trueno, but would say they are basicly the same setup as ae86 ones. 8kg front 6kg rear

Great! How many kms have you done on them? any wear and tear on damping? handling is still the same?

cant comment on durability. only 4 drift days and less than thousand on a bumpy shit road. no issues yet

know a few dudes running them in other cars, but again no real long term use. never heard anything bad about them.

hit it