Leebo3

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont remember much of Sunday it would seem

Fucken Good times

Thanks to everyone who came! Love the feed back, Glad people had a fantastic time, Next time, dont bring the weather with you tho!

Also were people happy with the venue, regaurding possible re booking for next year??

So what are the things that everyone reckons we can do better at for the next Hawkes Boes?

The whole event was so choice its hard to think of any negatives.

About the only major one for me was the grotty cesspit of mess left in the kitchen - every time I went in there I had to clear away a bench of rubbish and wash a handfull of dishes to do anything.

I cleaned pretty much the whole kitchen on Saturday evening where I threw out 8-10 shopping bags full of food packaging, bottles and food scraps (but I didn't dry the dishes) and I went outside for less than half an hour. When I came back in the place had been fairly well trashed in that short time. It looked like I hadn't even done anything.

Frustrating was the word for me - but I left it be and didn't let myself burn up over it cos there was plenty of good times happening and wasn't worth making a scene about it.

I reckon it would be constructive to hear any other criticisms people have. Hopefully we can turn them into positives to make the event just that much better next time.

Ye, few more rubbish bags/bins maybe would have made cleanup a bit earlier, trailer was def good but cant imagine it would have been fun to empty.

Noise, not anyones fault but with the proximity of the stereo to one of the main sleeping sections it became an issue in the early hours. Next year we could position the stereo further away and should also set a music cutoff time of 12 or 1 or something reasonable, especially with everyone having long drives home the next day.

With regards to the group dinner, I think we took a bit too long shopping an by the time we had everything an were back at camp people had drunk a fair bit an nobody good really be bothered cooking/nobody I asked even seemed hungry anyway, but it would of been cool to have another seated group dinner like we had at nats, there was lots of sausages left over!

Less dailys/more OS cars!