Hawkes Boes Mk4 discussion thread

Leebo3

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry again about music D (and everyone else) Seemed like a good idea at 6am after a bottle of rum.

Only thing i can think of (which isn't a bad thing, just the least awesome lol) is that if some things were planned and people knew about them in advanced (like the dinner we didn't have) then others could plan around it. I mean most people had already had dinner by the time you went shopping and we didn't know a group dinner was going to happen :)

ned needs to read itinerary.

viewtopic.php?p=719075#p719075

but yeh i wasnt hungry so wasnt fussed but would have been chur to have feed and prize giving. though some of us got heaps chopped by then. whoops.

yeh more rubbish bags would not have gone a miss. otherwise if you used it clean it so KK doesnt have to do a huge mish again.

also full OS theme dinner would be super sweet. like every one get dressed up and have feed/prize giving.

need to find something like a track day that provides heaps of motorvation to bring a OS whip but with out being as full serious as a track day cause thats not what hawkes boes is about. ideas are alluding me though.

I heard there was discussions about a grasskana, but venue owners decided it was still too wet and the paddock would get destroyed. Which is fair enough really.

Also, I defend my choice of vehicle, since it was a fairly effective courier (see what I did there...?) on the way home, what with the wheels and bikes and roofracks. No way we would have fit that enormous shiny number plate surround into a Bellett.

More cleaning as we go isn't an insensible way to run things, we're all grown up and stuff. Took ages to clean the kitchen on Monday, and was kinda gross.

Cheers to Sentra for his excellent mop work - although I suspect you had help...

All good feed back.

At this stage, we have pretty much discussed the fact that the stereo was way to loud, and am almost worried this may effect whether we can party it there next year, will feel it out and see what happens. However, think we are going to cut music down to A small system with a cut off time.

And i would be the fisrt to admit some more planned activities etc might be on the cards. To be honest when we planned everything, Historicly eveyone would turn up on the Saturday, whereas this time everyone tunred up on the friday pretty much, which left us with some spare time.

And yes sit down dinner slash prize giving will also be sweet. One thing we couldnt really plan for though, as we only got the keys to the joint on friday, not knowing what cooking Faciclties and and seating was really avaiable.

So now we know and can do something epic. Probabaly didnt help that RUGBY RUGBY RUGBY, OI OI OI! was on.

And yeah, well, the rubbish thing is always a drama, Totally glad we placed that trailer there. Not so Glad when the guy at the Dump totally wanted us to sort out and recycle it haha, So yeah, More Bins for.

All in all though, I feel the place stood up to our abuse pretty good. nothing really broken or anything. Maybe a few skids on the grass that there shouldnt have been....

And yeah a grasskana will be worked toward for next year, as i too feel it would be heaps of fun and encourage people to BRING THERE OLDSCHOOL CARS

:)

And fucken thanks to everyone that helped clean up over the weekend, you guys did a fucken sweet job. Made our bit of monday so much easier.

Hugs

Allan

Agree with everything, especially rubbish receptacles. We shot off early Monday morning but we did spend some time outside cleaning up before we went (just incase you were all wtf, where did that cunt xneak off to etc), and by then the trailer was well full....

+1 re: music. not only was it rather annoying for those trying to sleep (read all but ned and yowzer), but I imagine most of the valley/north island could hear it at 6am on Monday morning which isnt the best look. but anyway, thats already been said.

Also, agree with more planned excursions/events/activities. Can fully understand that not everyone can get it perfect etc, but yeh, can just be little things that those that want to partake in can, and those that dont, well then they dont have to. Just sort of comes back to (and I dont want to open up a can of worms etc), that it needs to be/should more about the cars. obviusly the poker run and trip to the beach were fucking awesome, but it can even go further (and it also ties in with more OS cars, less 90s toyotas etc). obviusly getting boozzed and talking shit at night is high on most peoples agendas (mine included), but there is plenty of time/room for other funs and games

but definitly A++, wouild/and will trade again. Will be back next year to defend my/our title!

Also, agree with more planned excursions/events/activities. Can fully understand that not everyone can get it perfect etc, but yeh, can just be little things that those that want to partake in can, and those that dont, well then they dont have to. Just sort of comes back to (and I dont want to open up a can of worms etc), that it needs to be/should more about the cars. obviusly the poker run and trip to the beach were fucking awesome, but it can even go further (and it also ties in with more OS cars, less 90s toyotas etc).

Might be more helpful to offer some suggestions other than just 'it should be more about the cars'.

And it seemed that most people who have a driveable oldschool vehicle made an effort to have it there. It's not fair to make people with projects/cars that aren't up to a long distance drive feel like they shouldn't/can't come because of that.

its too early in the morning/still recovery from the weekend to put any thought into my posts lol.

a themed day/weekend would be sweet. and by themed I mean tweed suits for all. although Manu did have a magic suggestion of under the sea or something along those lines.

Il put my thinking cap and and get back to you

Just another mild side note, granted it wasnt well super planned......... but there is kinda a reason for that too...... both me and lee didnt really have legal going cars till the day before everyone turned up.... so that did kinda take away from planning. but we got there :D

Ha. I did get a present from the police for not being legal but.

Then again. You spend alot of time driving to the event. Do you want to spend more time driving round there? i thought Saturday was good, go for a bike ride if keen, or go have a squizz at some "quality british engineering" as Beaver put it rofl.

And I hope that trophy is pride of place Andrew, its oiled with 20W50 aswell.

Driving activities at these events also need to take into consideration the number of people likely not able to drive, especially in the mornings... Would be really crap for someone to lose their licence/life because they felt their car should be included.