Archetype's Pro7 Mazda RX-7 race car

Archetype

I've taken all the wiring out of the car and I'm re-doing the whole lot, so there should be a bit of room with the new loom. The total mass of the factory loom is huge! :shock:
Did you manage to find someone in Hamilton to do the re-wiring? I noticed you chuck a post up in spam but don't follow enough to see whether anyone replied. Might be worth chucking a thread up if you haven't already.

I'm sure there have been a couple of guys from Auckland advertising similar services over the last year or two. They probably travel for the right money.

I'm keen to do my car at some stage. I imagine a stripped out race loom with base functions would sell quite well. I've hunted for something like that but was surprised to turn up no results. Is there such a thing? Just for the vehicle body I mean, not engine loom.

Yeah, I got a pm from a guy who suggested an alternative electricial, so I've been in touch. I'm giving the first guy a couple more days to do something before I decide to take it elsewhere.

It's so frustrating having the car sitting here doing nothing at the moment, as this isn't much more that I can do until the wiring is done. It's another one of these annoying situations where it's hard to define when to move on to other options, and I hate having to wait around on other people who can't communicate effectively.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, pretty much. The Mazda Pro7 Racing Series are/were (?) looking at introducing a middle class, based on the Series 6 RX-7s. The reasoning behind it is that the Pro7 Plus cars can be fairly expensive to build, which isn't really in line with the original Pro7 formula. So this new class is a simplified version of the Pro7 Plus RX-7s - allowing new drivers like me to get involved, which means more cars on the track. I know I wouldn't have considered building a Pro7 car if it wasn't for this new class.

Some differences in specifications include being able to use the factory suspension, front bumper and rear wing. The details haven't been finalised yet, and I wonder if instead of creating a new sub-class, perhaps the rules of Pro7 Plus will just become a bit more relaxed.

I kind of liked the idea of having a new class because it meant that I had a chance of being able to win races (only in my class, of course). But if it doesn't happen that way, I guess it just means that I'll be at the back of the pack all the time. I suppose it doesn't matter too much though, as I will need plenty of practice before I become competitive with the other guys, and my car will most likely evolve into a Pro7 Plus car eventually any way.

:)

not sure if I miss- understand the discussion but there are aftermarket looms available for hot rods etc- you choose the number of separate circuits you need and the kit supplies everything- wires, relays and fuse box.

sorry if iv missed the obvious

Hope I'm not dragging the thread too far off topic, but link? I should just drop around to one of those hot rod places and have an ask.

Brent, has the pro7 plus minus class been canned?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's madeness man... Conditions were horrid on the way home.

I saw that car parked there on my way past - cops still had their lights blazing and were stopping people on the way though. I'm actually surprised there weren't more accidents on the way back considering how bad it was.

Did you enjoy the water splash at Tokoroa?

That's madeness man... Conditions were horrid on the way home.

I saw that car parked there on my way past - cops still had their lights blazing and were stopping people on the way though. I'm actually surprised there weren't more accidents on the way back considering how bad it was.

Did you enjoy the water splash at Tokoroa?

I don't recall seeing a water splash in Tokoroa, but it might have been a lot worse when you went through.

The weather wasn't too bad when this happened. The road was wet, but it was only raining lightly at the time. I don't know if the young guy was over the speed limit when he lost control, but he was definitely going too fast for the conditions.

It was still light when we crashed, but by the time the car was loaded onto the trailer, it was pretty dark. The weather really turned to shit after that, so it was a very careful drive home.

Shit that sux man, lucky to walk away uninjured, sux to be involved in an accident when your not at fault and it all unfolds in front of you and you cant do anything to avoid it, been there done that it aint good.

Heres hoping everything can be fixed up easily enough with insurance