Archetype's Pro7 Mazda RX-7 race car

Archetype

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bit annoying are door bars not required? You would probably want your own design for them anyway

Bit of a communication breakdown regarding the door bars. I was given a spec sheet for the roll cage by another Pro7 racer and looked over it only briefly, assuming it was all correct (as it should have been). It wasn't until I started packing up the bars to send down to Palmy that I noticed there were a few missing.

No biggy I guess - Todd's sorting it out, as well as another bar that goes from one side of the dash to the other.

No pics or updates have been received since last Thursday unfortunately. :|

^ I think with those kits from Racefab it is quite common to not include the door bars to give you a bit of scope on where to position the main hoop. Plus they are one of the easier and cheaper bars to make, so isn't as important to get in the kit of the main hoop and lateral bars.

• 1 month later...

The cage still isn't finished, but there has been a bit of progress, so I guess that's something. All my image links are dead at the moment as I've changed hosts and upgraded my website, but I'll go back through them and fix them up, as well as update my blog and this build thread soon. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've gotta fix all those links asap (I changed hosts).

Cage isn't actually finished, but I will be picking it up next weekend, regardless of its finished state. It will be finished by next weekend apparently, but I've been hearing that for 14(!) weeks now.

Do you still want those parts Mike, or...?

• 2 weeks later...

I went down to Palmy/Manfield this past weekend for IRC Round 6, and had a chance to look at my car too. The plan was to pick it up while I was down there and bring it back to Hamilton, but unfortunately that didn't work out, as the tow vehicle I had lined up fell through.

Kayte wasn't keen on using her Camry wagon, which is fair enough as it really would have struggled with the 4.5hr+ journey, so I will most likely arrange to have a car transporter bring it up instead.

We've been looking for a tow vehicle/promo van/campervan for the last few weeks, and it would have been ideal if we had one already. I had my eye on this Hiace Super Custom, but we were outbid tonight when the auction closed:

205545358_full.jpg

By the time we added WOF/rego (which both expire in March) plus a towbar, it would have been a fairly expensive vehicle. Nevermind - we'll find something soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...